Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik at 168 Lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Wins: Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik at 168 Lbs.

former middleweight world champion kelly pavlik said that he definitely wants to fight andre ward and that his manager is hammering out a deal on the purse split which seems to be the only stumbling block in making this fight happen sometime january or february 2013. pavlik is the former undisputed (The Ring, WBC and WBO) middleweight champion, and at this point in his career, he shouldn't have to take too short of money. hopefully they will pay the guy a fair purse, and they can get this fight done.

pavlik has a killer right straight coupled with an aggressive style and an iron chin which produces exciting action and puts paying customers on the edge of their seats. he's fought 4 times at 168 and won all of 'em, 2 by TKO.

as for ward, many boxing have him as the most complete fighter out there today and has never even lost a boxing match since he was 12 years old. he started in the amateurs at 10 years of age.

if the fight gets made, i think we might just see a replay of the martinez-pavlik fight. ward's quick movement and speed would prove to be too much for pavlik who only has a puncher's chance coming into the fight. i have ward winning by UD.

your thoughts?

Ward via UD, he would clinch and headbutt his way to victory in Oakland

I'd root for Pavlik

Comment

pavlik tags him a few times here and there but ward ends his career by the 10th after he opens up pavlik's face via headbutt

Comment

Well...let's see. One's a gold medalist and one of the top P4P boxers in his prime...and the other is a bum recovering from drug and alcohol abuse whose day has come and gone.

Ummm...thing I'm going with the gold medalist.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          Ward via UD, he would clinch and headbutt his way to victory in Oakland

I'd root for Pavlik
          funny but true. the froch fight had a lot clinching to the point where it almost became a wrestling match. if the pavlik fight gets made, hopefully the ref won't let it happen. if ward wins by ko (which i doubt, pavlik has never been ko'ed before), then i think he should move up to light heavy weight since he's pretty much cleaned out the entire 168 division single handedly.

Comment

A better question would be, how many rounds does Pavlik win.... 0 or 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Neutral View Post
              pavlik tags him a few times here and there but ward ends his career by the 10th after he opens up pavlik's face via headbutt
              in pavlik's 42 pro record, he's never been knocked out. yeah, he's tasted the canvass before but i don't think pavlik will get sparked by ward. if he does, then personally, i think it's an even better win than ward's victory over a weight drained dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                in pavlik's 42 pro record, he's never been knocked out. yeah, he's tasted the canvass before but i don't think pavlik will get sparked by ward. if he does, then personally, i think it's an even better win than ward's victory over a weight drained dawson.
                good point, you're right about that. i think pavlik will get brutalized with his face bloodied up from a headbutt and it'd be similar to martinez' beating of chavez jr

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                  Well...let's see. One's a gold medalist and one of the top P4P boxers in his prime...and the other is a bum recovering from drug and alcohol abuse whose day has come and gone.

Ummm...thing I'm going with the gold medalist.
                  hopefully all his demons are behind him. but one thing though, he's being trained by robert garcia, has a firm grip over all his fighters which might do good for pavlik who does have a puncher's chance, this is boxing an anything can happen

Comment

I'll pick pavlik for a laugh

Comment

Working...
                    X