No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Thomas Dulorme on The Loss To Carlos Abregu

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Thomas Dulorme on The Loss To Carlos Abregu

Bill Emes catches up with welterweight contender Thomas Dulorme to discuss the first loss of his career, to Argentine puncher Carlos Abregu, what he wants to do next and more. [Click Here To Read More]

This kid can bounce back. He gained some experience and this is what happens in boxing. You learn and move forward. I respect this kid's ability though. When fighters get their bell rung, their next fights are usually pretty interesting because his opponent knows that he's prone to being hurt, dropped, and/or knocked out. This causes the opponent to be more aggressive. Dulorme can fold or he can be smart. He knows he can be hurt when he gets hit, so how does he adjust?

Comment

Smh, damn Dulorme.

Comment

he has great tools but his one weakness was exposed - he doesnt move his head or have any uppper body movement. fights a bit too stiff.

Comment

like i said yesterday, its better that it happens know so that he learns from it. offensively, he's got all the tools, but his defense needs a lot of work. right now he's looking like the puerto rican khan. maybe he can borrow that voltron transformer **** that hunter is using on khan.

Comment

hell be back , to much to early people better recognize who abregu is now

Comment

Originally posted by Convicted_Felon View Post
              This kid can bounce back. He gained some experience and this is what happens in boxing. You learn and move forward. I respect this kid's ability though. When fighters get their bell rung, their next fights are usually pretty interesting because his opponent knows that he's prone to being hurt, dropped, and/or knocked out. This causes the opponent to be more aggressive. Dulorme can fold or he can be smart. He knows he can be hurt when he gets hit, so how does he adjust?
              Everyone can be hurt, the one thing that I saw that would be a huge concern if I was Dulorme's trainer is that every time he gets touched, his eyes were rolling in the back of his head.

Even Kellerman was pointing that out. From my experience in boxing, I have noticed there are certain guys who are just prone to getting hurt, I can see than in this kid.

It's a shame because his skills are really good, his jab is amazing and he has good speed and power. It's just he has that switch in his chin where he gets touched and you can see the lights go out for a second or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                Everyone can be hurt, the one thing that I saw that would be a huge concern if I was Dulorme's trainer is that every time he gets touched, his eyes were rolling in the back of his head.

Even Kellerman was pointing that out. From my experience in boxing, I have noticed there are certain guys who are just prone to getting hurt, I can see than in this kid.

It's a shame because his skills are really good, his jab is amazing and he has good speed and power. It's just he has that switch in his chin where he gets touched and you can see the lights go out for a second or two.
                You're right. He seems like another Khan to me. Lots of skill and potential but weak chin. He's lacking some major defense though, he didn't know what to do when Abregu kept landing that overhand right.

Number one thing he needs to fix is get a NEW TRAINER, that guy in his corner SUCKED. He gave him no insight on what he was seeing or gave him a resolution to fix it. Number two is get better handlers. How are they going to match him up against a crafty veteran who's never been stopped before? Give him a few more tune ups and a year or two and he has the potential to be back where he was.
                Last edited by SnakeVen0m; 10-29-2012, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

Yep I noticed the eyes rolling about. Nearly every time he took a right hand his eyes were going walk about which was quite strange. He could do with learning how to clinch and to avoid the right hands (both something that could be worked on) but I'd be slightly concerned about his punch resistance like you.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                    You're right. He seems like another Khan to me. Lots of skill and potential but weak chin. He's lacking some major defense though, he didn't know what to do when Abregu kept landing that overhand right.

Number one thing he needs to fix is get a NEW TRAINER, that guy in his corner SUCKED. He gave him no insight on what he was seeing or gave him a resolution to fix it. Number two is get better handlers. How are they going to match him up against a crafty veteran who's never been stopped before? Give him a few more tune ups and a year or two and he has the potential to be back where he was.
                    Originally posted by Fish_Scotland View Post
                    Yep I noticed the eyes rolling about. Nearly every time he took a right hand his eyes were going walk about which was quite strange. He could do with learning how to clinch and to avoid the right hands (both something that could be worked on) but I'd be slightly concerned about his punch resistance like you.
                    Not saying anything about Puerto Rico so I don't want this to turn into that. I have talked to many PR fighters and they tell me you get better training outside of PR than you do there.

I don't know if that is true but I did notice that his trainer wasn't telling him anything tactically. If you can't get away from a looping right hand at this stage, then I don't know what to tell you.

Step one is circle to your right, step two is slip after you jab and step three is keep your right left hand up.

Comment

Working...
                    X