Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who would win sergio martinez vs arthur abraham?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AA's power and durability gets the best of Martinez. Martinez is quick but expends valuable energy with his movement, which is bad against a guy like AA who comes on in the late rounds. In addition to that, he's open for AA's big right hand. I'd take AA by late KO.

Comment

I want to say Sergio wins the decision, but Abraham rarely gets hit really clean, and when he turns it up it is incredibly hard to avoid him. So I'll go AA by KO/TKO, with no idea when it happens.

Comment

Dirrel outboxed him easily.
        Martinez is atleast as fast as Dirrel without the stamina problems and a better chin.

Comment

Cannot remember Taylors connect percentage on Abraham but it wouldn't have been great and It got really bad towards the end and he became really slow too

I agree with the other bloke I thought it was one of the better performances for AA

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
            Sergio wins.

Pavlik was supposed to be a dangerous puncher as well.

If taylor could beat AA for 12 rounds until the final 10 seconds then trust me Sergio could do better.

People underestimate martinez' smarts. He had a game plan for each of these fights that he was "not supposed to win" and each time he pulled it off with laser precision. He'd take care of AA.

UD for sergio.
            thats not how the taylor fight went at all but

more importantly, pavlik and abraham are about as opposite as 2 fighters get, all they have in common is power.. lanky rangey quantity puncher vs compact patient infighter

Comment

(My thread again)

It can still happen.

Who knows, Martinez seems to have a solid chin, and he can pop to. He's also slicker than Dirrell. And he fights smarter. Who knows.

Comment

Martinez has a too good defense,footwork, southpaw stance to get catched by Abraham, he will win an easy decesion.
                Abrahams punch output is too less and Martinez is fast.
                Many lesser fighters went 12 with Abraham and some were even leading on points.

opinions on the score of abraham are very different, we need a poll.
                If Abraham had won the 12th with a knockdown I had him winning by one point. A draw without the knockdown. But Sauerland would've given him a gift decision even if he would've only won 3 rounds.
                Last edited by Zerwas1; 11-24-2010, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X