• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ike Quartey would give Floyd a lot of trouble

look and listen to that jab.

hear what roger said at 30 second

winky control quartey with lefty jab.

Comment

Of course. He had some bad luck, I think. Had the Tito fight happened and/or he gotten the decision against de la Hoya, he would be rated a lot higher now. I think he probably would've beaten Trinidad.

I think he'd have a good chance against Floyd and any welterweight of the past decade. Not that he'd beat them all, but he'd give them all problems without a doubt.
      Last edited by Clegg; 09-06-2010, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Very good fighter. I like Floyd over him though. One punch wont beat Mayweather. He will adapt.

Comment

Floyd will most likely find a way to neutralize the jab...one tool isn't gonna do it...Quartey would need a box-full...

Comment

I'd favor Floyd over him strongly, Ike's got an amazing jab but he commits to it too much, he leans in with it and at time leaves himself open which a Counter Puncher may expose, I'd favor a more flicker type jab than one like Ike's to bother Floyd more.
            Also Ike's defense isn't exactly the best.

Floyd get's this by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              Of course. He had some bad luck, I think. Had the Tito fight happened and/or he gotten the decision against de la Hoya, he would be rated a lot higher now. I think he probably would've beaten Trinidad.

I think he'd have a good chance against Floyd and any welterweight of the past decade. Not that he'd beat them all, but he'd give them all problems without a doubt.
              i dont think ike beats tito because you can make ike trade. and when ike or anybody trade with tito the fight is over.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                I'd favor Floyd over him strongly, Ike's got an amazing jab but he commits to it too much, he leans in with it and at time leaves himself open which a Counter Puncher may expose, I'd favor a more flicker type jab than one like Ike's to bother Floyd more.
                Also Ike's defense isn't exactly the best.

Floyd get's this by decision.
                no because mosley has a flick jab

i dont like that ike slaps with his hooks and floyd would catch that and counter it

Comment

If Miguel already live too far for Floyd to fight than there's no chance Floyd would fight Ike because he lives futher .

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                    no because mosley has a flick jab

i dont like that ike slaps with his hooks and floyd would catch that and counter it
                    Floyd fought an old Mosley with no stamina, don't compare all flicking jabs of that his in that fight :/, although also worth mentioning he's the only person to really catch Floyd on the button, the first distracting Floyd with his jab to the body.

Comment

Working...
                    X