Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had to find, kill, clean and skin your own game would you still eat meat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id go with being a scavenger. I'll wait for someone else to find it, kill it and skin it. Then I'll steal it.

Comment

Also, I don't think cows would be very hard to hunt...

Comment

I was killing

and

on the African plain at age nine with a

so yeah, I'd probably shoot some deer and pronghorn antelope and load up the deep freezer a few times a year, make some jerky while I'm at it. I wouldn't survive as a vegetarian.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
          Also, I don't think cows would be very hard to hunt...
          I've never wanted to eat deer since I saw what it did to Delahoya.

As for cows, yeah I guess they're easy but thats a lot of meat and blood to process for one person.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
            I was killing

and

on the African plain at age nine with a

so yeah, I'd probably shoot some deer and pronghorn antelope and load up the deep freezer a few times a year, make some jerky while I'm at it. I wouldn't survive as a vegetarian.
            Is that a mini 14?

And yeah. I've ALWAYS wanted to learn how to make jerky. Thats pretty much my favorite food.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
              I've never wanted to eat deer since I saw what it did to Delahoya.

As for cows, yeah I guess they're easy but thats a lot of meat and blood to process for one person.
              We'll have to band together and get tribal. I mostly make Pepper sticks out of deer....

Comment

I'd switch to all fish because it's simpler, and eat them old school Asian style (no cleaning, just roast and eat).

Comment

For those who have hunted, is the idea to go for a head shot if possible to preserve the integrity of the carcass?

Or do you go for the heart?

Comment

I'd go hunting on my days off. Set Rabbit Gums and other traps for while Im at work. Vegetarian? gtfo with that ****. I'm having skunk burgers before that **** would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
                      I'd switch to all fish because it's simpler, and eat them old school Asian style (no cleaning, just roast and eat).
                      Been catching a few catfish out of the Rio Grande, gutting them and cooking them whole on a grill with mesquite wood. Tasty as all hell. River is pretty low right now so it's easier than usual.

Comment

Working...
                      X