No announcement yet.

The Unpopular Opinion thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NChristo View Post
    Gotta give him some sort of credit for that mustache though.
    I always give a man credit for a grand 'stache.

Comment

• Mayweather vs Cotto

Mayweather vs Cotto was a major dud of a fight!!!

Comment

• The Ex/part-time Boxer commentators are all crap.

Larry Merchant is unbiased towards Floyd, in and outside the ring.

Comment

• Harry Wiley is the best trainer of all time not Angelo Dundee

Comment

• I think Ali and Louis are definitely top 5, along with Johnson for the Heavies but.....ready for this?
            I think there is a guy who is not only much better than all of them but would beat them all in a day....

That guy would be Teófilo Stevenson.... fast and agile as Ali punches as murderous and faster than Louis and better technician than Johnson...the whole package that in a cruel irony never got to prove it on the big stage.

If tape is any indiction...Stevenson is the best heavy I have ever seen bar none.

Comment

• I thought the rios Alvarado stoppage was right

Comment

• Originally posted by tonyjones View Post
                I thought the rios Alvarado stoppage was right
                Is that unpopular?

I thought it was reasonable too.

Comment

• Some are saying Rios-Alvarado was a little premature but, after watching replays of the finish during a promo show HBO did recently, it didn't seem like that bad a stoppage to me either.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    I think Ali and Louis are definitely top 5, along with Johnson for the Heavies but.....ready for this?
                    I think there is a guy who is not only much better than all of them but would beat them all in a day....

That guy would be Teófilo Stevenson.... fast and agile as Ali punches as murderous and faster than Louis and better technician than Johnson...the whole package that in a cruel irony never got to prove it on the big stage.

If tape is any indiction...Stevenson is the best heavy I have ever seen bar none.
                    There's a big difference between three rounds and fifteen.

Comment

• Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                      There's a big difference between three rounds and fifteen.
                      Not to mention the difference between fighting top amateurs and top professionals.

Comment

Working...
                      X