Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner on Kicking Mayweather's Ass, His Career, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd Mayweather is probably the most talented yet POLARIZING boxer in the history of the sport since Jack Johnson & Ali.

That said, you've got to be a "genuine a$$" if there's a universal consensus in siding w/ Mayweather on the internet,lol.

I normally like fighters with skill, good defense, fighters that most people call "boring". That said, I cannot stand this guys style, nor his personality inside and outside the ring.

We've seen MUCH more talented guys AT his age that seemed unbeatable through the years that were later bested. I'm glad he has confidence but there's a huge difference between confidence and just flat out being a braggart. At 19 years old Floyd had beaten the deadly Genaro Hernandez.

Broener's resume has no one near as accomplished as Hernandez was let alone Floyd fought him 18 months into his career.

As far as Blacks not supporting fighters, I'm going to say he has somewhat of a point there. The thing is though, a fighter has to be built either by TV or by their local bases (WARD, Alexander and even Jermain Taylor are good examples of guys who've shown that route in the past).

The thing is, this guys lack of appeal to anyone save for the sycophants that 'brush' his hair (sighing) is going to kill him ever establishing a base.

Lastly a billion dollars really? Sighing. In 10 years I'm willing to lay a bet down to say this guy doesn't gross $100 million by then which if he's all that he says he is, shouldn't be an issue to reach.

Someone please knock this dude the FUQ out!!!

PS- He wasn't the chatterbox in person when Guerrero approached his punk azz was he?

Comment

Demarco Blows. Linares isn't no ****ing top class fighter. And Demarco just beat some other clown with one punch. I dont even remember his name and dont want to.

Linares is a B level fighter and he was kicking Demarco's ass majority of the fight. He's a B level fighter at best and will get man handled. Broner has too much speed and power for Demarco.

Quote this.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        Damn, his ass is crazier than I thought. Wasn't expecting him to call out Floyd like that.

I say Floyd taxes him in 2014 though. This could be Ali-Holmes in the making.

Holmes caught Ali when he was on his way out
        . Holmes simulated Ali's fight style and personality out of the ring. Gladly, Holmes never got the credit he thought he should've gotten for beating the old Ali.

We'll see if history has the opportunity to repeat itself.
        In all due respect not even close. Holmes was Ali's sparring partner for 2 years 8 years earlier from their fight. He learned how to perfect his jab during those camps and was later fired because he was getting the best of Ali.

The difference between Floyd and Ali is that Floyd has NEVER ever had an issue with conditioning. Ali f/'75 on pretty much was living off his name and was past it. Not to mention had conditioning and lack luster training camps.

Floyd is in the last 3rd of his career and still approaches his camps like he's a hunter. For the scenario you described to happen, we'd have to see Floyd in fights where he looks like "Bradley" when he fought Pacquiao.

At this rate, Floyd could fight till he's 40 and still be at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by marzblkman View Post
          In all due respect not even close. Holmes was Ali's sparring partner for 2 years 8 years earlier from their fight. He learned how to perfect his jab during those camps and was later fired because he was getting the best of Ali.

The difference between Floyd and Ali is that Floyd has NEVER ever had an issue with conditioning. Ali f/'75 on pretty much was living off his name and was past it. Not to mention had conditioning and lack luster training camps.

Floyd is in the last 3rd of his career and still approaches his camps like he's a hunter. For the scenario you described to happen, we'd have to see Floyd in fights where he looks like "Bradley" when he fought Pacquiao.

At this rate, Floyd could fight till he's 40 and still be at the top.

Dude, I'm not saying everything will add up to a T lol

I'm saying Holmes tried to be Ali through fighting style and out of the ring personality. He later went on to fight Ali.

I'm saying Broner tries to be Mayweather through his fighting style and out of the ring personality. He's talking about fighting him down the road.

When I say history can repeat itself, I'm not saying Broner and Mayweather should be sparring partners, Mayweather should get tired like Ali did, ect... Come on man, it's just a simple comparison. It doesn't have to be or play out exactly like what happen 35 years ago lol

Comment

But there was nothing similar about that comparison. Here's some better comparison for your example of "up and coming young buck now established" vs. fading former legends than that.

Norris vs. Leonard

Dela Hoya vs. Chavez

Even Tyson vs. Holmes.

The thing is in all those cases, Floyd is the exception because of the consistency and dedication to training and lack of back out of the ring habits (junk food aside) he's shown.

Comment

I'm not reading through 7 pages of BS because Broner threads typically involve a lot of trolling and spamming but I would definitely be down for a Broner vs. Mayweather fight down the road.

That is if the both stay unbeaten of course.

Comment

Watch your mouth young boy..

Comment

I like Broner. He knows that not just african american fighters but AMERICAN fighters in general have a hard time creating a fan base at home, because boxing simply isnt a major sport in the US anymore, so he is taking the Mayweather approach and creating drama outside the ring.
                  Now thousands of people which will hopefully one day add up to millions are gonna want to tune in to watch this loud mouth kid get his a.r.s.e. kicked.

Having said that, if Broner does claim to be "learning" from past boxers like he says he is, he needs to learn from Evander Holyfield. How at the age of 23 does this kid have 5 young ones of his own? You can make a billion dollars Broner, but at the rate you're having kids, that billion will be going to nothing but alimony and child support payments.

Comment

This bum will never be half the fighter Floyd is. He calls out Miguel Vasquez then after realizing he was over his head he quickly got quiet!

Comment

He is using floyd's name to get free publicity and attention. And it works because hes had 2 articles in the last few days. Nobody would even know who broner is if he didnt talk himself up. If you dont like him and youre talking about him you are doing him a favor

Comment

Working...
                      X