No announcement yet.

¿¿training high oz or low oz gloves??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¿¿training high oz or low oz gloves??

Hello guys, It's a simple question because I really don't know what is better if make the training bag with low oz gloves(10-12oz) or with high oz gloves(14-20oz) because one's says that better one thing and others the other...
    Then please, write here your opinion HIGH OZ GLOVES or LOW OZ GLOVES, for the training bag, and the why.

Thanks to all!!
    Best regards
    HIGH OZ
    88.24%
    LOW OZ
    11.76%
    Last edited by Jeromo; 05-15-2011, 02:32 PM.

always use 16 oz on the heavy bag and sparring. once in a while you can use 10 or 12 oz to work on your speed and technique on the bag a little bit

Comment

Hmmm thanks for your opinion Bullrush!!

More opinions please!! common!!

Regards!

Comment

Ive been using 16oz to train in mainly because my 10oz's got worn out and I be bothered to buy another pair.

I think training in heavier gloves is better for arm endurance but in terms of sharpness and speed, well obviously wearing heavier gloves will affect that, but I doubt it would actually slow you down.

I dont like hitting the bag in 16oz's though, feels like Im punching a cloud lol. Hitting the bag with 10oz's feels much more solid but messes up your hands quicker aswell

Comment

Hmmm thanks so much for the opinion Chip2006uk!!

More opinion people!!! Common!!

Regards!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeromo View Post
            Hmmm thanks so much for the opinion Chip2006uk!!

More opinion people!!! Common!!

Regards!!
            I like to use higher because when you fight the lower weight gloves feel really good and you can punch faster and harder.

Comment

i use 16 oz for everything. sparring you need high oz for obvious reasons... training with 16 oz wont make you SLOWER... it should do the opposite. once you use lower oz gloves you will notice an increase in speed. also i use 16 oz for bag work

Comment

As far as i'm concerned, i use 16oz for every aspects of my training (sparring, mitts, bag work).

Sometimes i put on 10oz gloves just to see the results, as far as speed concern, and everytime i'm more than happy.

Comment

Currently experimenting on the benefits of using 20oz gloves, then sparring with 16oz.

Usually I train with only 16oz, nothing lower, but for the past 2 weeks I've been sticking to 20oz for bagwork, and haven't sparred yet. It was sure hard at first, my arms were killing me with the 20oz, but 2 weeks later it's not as hard anymore.

I don't plan on using anything heavier than 18oz for sparring, because of the unrealistic sense of defense (having a bigger shield).

2 more weeks and I'll see what it's like to use 16oz again, and in sparring, too.

Comment

Nice information ... nice histories ^^ Thanks to all!!

More people with his own opinion??? Common!!

Regards!

Comment

Working...
                    X