No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Danny Jacobs Scores a Wicked KO of Lorenzo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Danny Jacobs Scores a Wicked KO of Lorenzo

Middleweight contender Danny Jacobs (26-1, 23KOs) pulled off a sensational third round knockout of veteran Giovanni Lorenzo (32-6) at the Best Buy Theater in New York City. It was the first time Lorenzo had ever been stopped in his career. Lorenzo five prior defeats were all decisions top contenders and former world champions. Jacobs now finds himself in the mix for a world title shot in the immediate future. [Click Here To Read More]

saw the ko video on espn's top 10...good win 4 Danny, but a few fights vs elite guys b4 a title shot...Lorenzo's turning in2 a gatekeeper...

Comment

I thought Lorenzo looked really good until Jacabs went kamikaze after getting cut. Really impressive win. That KO took me completely by surprise lol

Think Golden Boy is going to put Jacobs in with Quillin soon. Should be a good scrap.

Comment

Well, well. I hear Pirog's looking for comeback fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
          I thought Lorenzo looked really good until Jacabs went kamikaze after getting cut. Really impressive win. That KO took me completely by surprise lol

Think Golden Boy is going to put Jacobs in with Quillin soon. Should be a good scrap.
          They've only got 3 MWs, including 2 fight Ogogo, they've spent a lot of effort both protecting Quillins '0' and building Jacobs up after Pirog. I doubt they're gonna throw them in together.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
            saw the ko video on espn's top 10...good win 4 Danny, but a few fights vs elite guys b4 a title shot...Lorenzo's turning in2 a gatekeeper...
            that's ok, we need a new gate keeper since Soto Karass graduated.

Comment

Glad to see Danny Jacobs back on track with his career. Would love to him rematch Dmitry Pirog

Comment

I really enjoyed Monday Night Boxing. I thought the show looked sweet on the 52" HD. Reminded me a lot of the EPIX channel boxing program. I thought the UFC card on Saturday was good too.

Comment

jacobs is a good finisher, but he's not very good when he's not finishing his guy.

if he fights quillin, golovkin, he is getting absolutely destroyed. there's no way in hell goldenboy would feed him to golovkin, obviously, and quillin is supposed to be a close friend of quillin.

expect to see jacobs protected for a while now. the guy survived cancer. he's going to be a sympathetic figure in boxing, and it'l help shield him from some of the reasonable criticism that say's he's being protected.

Comment

Originally posted by DwightMare View Post
                    I really enjoyed Monday Night Boxing. I thought the show looked sweet on the 52" HD. Reminded me a lot of the EPIX channel boxing program. I thought the UFC card on Saturday was good too.
                    Agreed. Saturday made me look forward to last night which was higher quality than some ppvs of years past (HD from every angle).

Comment

Working...
                    X