No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Margarito: My Punches Are What Really Stopped Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Margarito: My Punches Are What Really Stopped Cotto

Former three time welterweight champion Antonio Margarito is ready to rematch Miguel Cotto on July 16. In 2008, Margarito stopped Cotto in the eleventh round. Ever since Margarito was found with illegal handwraps prior to the match with Shane Mosley in January 2009, there have been doubts about the legit nature of Margarito's win over Cotto. The Mexican veteran wants to clear the air with a rematch.

[Click Here To Read More]

PLaster or no plaster? We'll see. If he wins then I think he proves their was no plaster and kind of redeem's his whole entire career of the doubt. I mean Shane Mosley has a ****in chin. Never been stopped at this point so I can maybe see why they wanted to plaster up that time.

But if Cotto wins the doubters have even more fuel especially if he trashes Margarito. We'll see how Cotto reacts to the pressure and punches this time. I think Cotto's trashes him this time. This might be just what Cotto needs to revive his career fully. This would be HUGE for him.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Comment

Nobody is disputing that Margs, they just think your punches were harder because of the plaster.

Comment

Margarito looked strong on the HBO 24/7 where he got on the scale and was 154. Ripped, tight but not drained. He's also found a great trainer in Robert Garcia, who had him looking amazing in the first 4 rounds of the Pacquiao fight.

After he was busted, I hated Margarito and wanted him banned. But through his hard work as seen on 24/7 and his performance against Pac, he definitely earned my respect.

Cotto, on the other hand, just looks lethargic in the ring at 154. He wants it, but it's just not there like it used to be.

Margarito wins the rematch. KO 8.

Comment

"Willing to give him the rematch"?? The only thing this man is in position to give is handjobs and head in the hope of getting another money fight.

Comment

Cotto doesn't belong at 154. He's gonna get raped.

Comment

I got Marg in the rematch, Marg wants to prove people wrong and Cotto is haunted by their first match. Plaster or no plaster, Marg's a nightmare for Cotto stylistically.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
                I got Marg in the rematch, Marg wants to prove people wrong and Cotto is haunted by their first match. Plaster or no plaster, Marg's a nightmare for Cotto stylistically.
                Exactly. This is easy money and I hope Margarito becomes a 3-1 underdog or something. Wanna make some money here.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
                  this^^^^^^

Comment

those fists havent stopped anyone after that summer fight in 2008

if margarito's punch resistance has declined just slightly he will get kayoed by cotto

a lot of people are going to lose money and points on this fight and if tony loses the plaster argument will have more backing and tony will be reduced to a journeyman

Comment

Working...
                    X