No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Demetrius Andrade Ready For First Start With Hunter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
    Andrade finally taking a good step up fight. Looking forward to it. Freddy is not some bum. Think he'll be too small to be a serious threat to Andrade though.
    Not to mention that Andrade has the style advantage too. Hernandez is gonna have a real tough night.

Comment

Andrade will win, I just hope he stops Hernandez and doesn't bore us to death...he can box but get the guy outta here...

Comment

I thought Brewer was a decent test for Andrade, dealing with a spoiler like Brewer is not exactly an easy task for a young prospect and could get a guy out of sorts but Andrade seemed to avoid that pitfall and look better after that fight. Now he hasn't fought anyone of that level since until now, but Hernadez is a much more straight forward opponent even if you rate him over Brewer which will likely benefit Andrade.

If Andrade can put it all together, he is essentially a guy no one will want to face, a tall rangy southpaw who knows how to use range and has a quality jab~ really no guy in the history of the sport ever wants to see a guy like that in the ring by choice.

Comment

what happened with andrade's dad and the assistant that was training him. I think Andrade is the real deal and could be the next big thing. I don't think that's any big secret in boxing so I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why Andrade would be signed with star boxing or whoever and not Goldenboy? Same with Andre Ward shouldn't these caliber guys be signed with the biggest promoters with the most money behind them?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            You're right and that's why this is a pretty good fight for Demetrius and glad he's stepping up gradually. We have seen what some vets can do to these young guys when matched up the wrong way. Del Valle and Dulorme come to mind from last year.

PS Since I started watching him Im not sure how to feel about the "Boo Boo" nickname...
            I think he's the youngest kid in the family and he's had that nickname since like birth. but he's an adult now. I'll be calling him demitrius.

Comment

Glad to see Demetrius stepping it up a little bit, he has been moved along very slowly so far in his career. He has the skills to be facing much better competition and winning easily.

It should be a good test but I expect him to win by KO by the 7th.

Comment

I rememberseeing an interview where Andrade said he was perfectly happy with being patient because wen he does fight fo a belt he wants the big fights afterwards. He definitely has all the skills needed to be a top dog so we sall see.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

You're right and that's why this is a pretty good fight for Demetrius and glad he's stepping up gradually. We have seen what some vets can do to these young guys when matched up the wrong way. Del Valle and Dulorme come to mind from last year.

PS Since I started watching him Im not sure how to feel about the "Boo Boo" nickname...

I think he's the youngest kid in the family and he's had that nickname since like birth. but he's an adult now. I'll be calling him demitrius.
                  Yea I don't even feel comfortble reading "Boo Boo" in my head. If I was an announcer I'd be like "oh hell no." Lol

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I think of this guy in the same light as Andre Dirrel. Just something similar about these two.

This is just a propaganda piece. The 30-3 record threw me off until I boxred-ed Andrade opponent and remember that he was the guy Andre Berto TKO'd at Welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                      Yea I don't even feel comfortble reading "Boo Boo" in my head. If I was an announcer I'd be like "oh hell no." Lol

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                      That's like YO Delicious!!! I'm not trying to call no grown man delicious

Comment

Working...
                      X