Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Chin - Foreman, Holyfield or Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's really close between all three as it took the kitchen sink to put all 3 greats down to the canvas.. I have to go with Holyfield simply because he was hit more often than the two sluggers who used there power to fend off incoming shots. Holyfield received many more blows to the chin than those two. All 3 jaws were hard to crack but it's Holyfield who's taken best shots from the most bombers.. Foreman.. Lewis.. Tyson.. Bowe.. etc. I'd say all 3 chins are in the top 10.. with Holyfield in the top 5 along with Vitali Klitschko.

Comment

Foreman..Holyfield hit that man with everything including the kitchen sink and the dog and he kept coming

Comment

All 3 have tasted canvas 6 times or less Foreman.. I believe went down three times in his first career & none in his second career. Tyson about 5 or 6 times.. Holyfield 6 times as well... ALi I believe went down 3 or 4 times.. Funny how Lewis going down twice is respectable when compared here.. just the manner in which he went down wasn't.. Wlad Klitschko 11 times.. Mccall. Valuev & Vitali.. none.. I think i'd rank Mccall with the best jaw ever in the heavyweight division.. simply because he's gone so many rds without going down.. faced plenty of heavy hitters & literally took flush bombs from Lewis while not even pretending to play defense.. even more impressive than the shots Vitali took from Lewis.. Holyfield also took bombs from Lewis flush for 24 rds & didn't go down. Holy has gone 49 rds with Foreman Lewis & Tyson & took flush shots from all of them repeatedly.. those 3 are top 5 hard hitters in heavyweight history. Holyfield has only gone down to 4 fighters.. Bowe.. Cooper, Ruiz & Toney (body shot)

Comment

I would say Holyfield but the comeback Foreman had a great chin. Maybe having a bit of fat helps your chin or maybe your chin gets better with age.

Maybe there's more or less cerebrospinal fluid surrounding the brain.

There's a PHd thesis right there.
          Last edited by Furn; 01-04-2012, 01:32 AM.

Comment

by the way just for the record Vitali Klitschko has a better chin than all 3 of these guys but I understand this is a poll of older legends not current legend

Comment

If you are looking for the best chins i think you have to look outside the great boxers. Possibly guys like Mercer and McCall types, who werent the greatest boxers, but hung in there because of their chins.
              Mercer was being hammered by Morrison but cos of his chin got morrison out, and look at Mercer vs Lennox. Split decision. Mercers superior chin to lennox, put him on an even playing field with Lennox in a dog fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                Walt, I believe it was a reference to Oliver McCall.
                Ahhhh part 2.

I was a bit focused yest on my first day back to nsb.

Comment

Working...
                X