Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global Warming my ass. It was 15 and snowing in Mississippi this morning.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
    If Global warming means the place will heat up im all for it...
    haha

The cold kills more than heat on average every year....fact

Comment

Il take this 20s-30s over the 90s-100s.

Comment

Originally posted by Texanballer View Post
        Il take this 20s-30s over the 90s-100s.
        Same..

80's is fine but 90's-100's? hell with that...

Comment

Global warming means that global temperatures increase. That is to say that the global aggregate temperature is on an upward trend. Part of the global warming model is the prediction that localised weather systems would break with their usual patterns and become more extreme, resulting in colder winters, hotter summers and stronger winds in some locales.

Clearly you are experiencing these changes in climate, as is the UK and indeed here in Central Ontario which is experiencing an unusually mild January.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            Global Warming doesn't exactly mean that you should expect warmer temperatures. It has a lot to do with the caps melting and messing up the cycle of the North Atlantic Drift. In a lot of areas, Global Warming means longer and colder winters, with a lot of precipitation.
            exactly!

the majority of this thread is really looking stupid, geology chart from the past 3 decades show great variety in temperature peaks but when looking at the overall picture theres a noticeable rise

for the ******ed among us: two or three cold winters in a decade doesnt mean global warming isnt real seeing as the temperature gradually rises

the world doesnt equal the deep south

Comment

While it was one of the warmest summers on record last year at the same time, it was snowing in buenos aires Argentina. An event that had not happened in a very long time. This summer will most likely be even worst than last year

Comment

Originally posted by USA_Pugilist View Post
                Its funny because a professor i had for planetary geology always said that the historic timeframe of the world is pointing towards the next ice age while all these pundits are pointing towards global warming...

i think global warming has been a big misinterpretation of other coming events.
                Global warming isn't simple as just warming.

It is causing extremes in hot and cold. In England we have had some 30 degree celcius days in the summer which were quite rare in the 90's and now zero winters which I have never seen very often.

Comment

Originally posted by USA_Pugilist View Post
                  Ive lived in the deep south my whole life.

I have only seen snow twice in my life and have only seen below 30 degree weather a handful of times.

For most of the winter and especially the last 3 weeks we have had sub 20 degree weather with ice storms and frozen roads.

And this morning at work i was watching snow fall.

Global Warming my ****ing ass
                  What's wrong with you?!

It isn't Global Warming anymore it's "Global Climate Change", a far safer label than Either Global Cooling or Global Warming were.
                  Last edited by res; 01-09-2010, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                    Global Warming doesn't exactly mean that you should expect warmer temperatures. It has a lot to do with the caps melting and messing up the cycle of the North Atlantic Drift. In a lot of areas, Global Warming means longer and colder winters, with a lot of precipitation.
                    Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    Global warming means that global temperatures increase. That is to say that the global aggregate temperature is on an upward trend. Part of the global warming model is the prediction that localised weather systems would break with their usual patterns and become more extreme, resulting in colder winters, hotter summers and stronger winds in some locales.

Clearly you are experiencing these changes in climate, as is the UK and indeed here in Central Ontario which is experiencing an unusually mild January.
                    Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                    exactly!

the majority of this thread is really looking stupid, geology chart from the past 3 decades show great variety in temperature peaks but when looking at the overall picture theres a noticeable rise

for the ******ed among us: two or three cold winters in a decade doesnt mean global warming isnt real seeing as the temperature gradually rises

the world doesnt equal the deep south
                    The earth is in a cooling trend now. Thus the cool winters. Its cyclical and it all corresponds to sunspot activity. More sunspot activity means more warm temps, less means colder. Easy stuff.

I'll allow this sort of scientific talk, but the minute you people say its "man made", I'll kick your asses straight to the moon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack D Ripper View Post
                      The earth is in a cooling trend now. Thus the cool winters. Its cyclical and it all corresponds to sunspot activity. More sunspot activity means more warm temps, less means colder. Easy stuff.

I'll allow this sort of scientific talk, but the minute you people say its "man made", I'll kick your asses straight to the moon.
                      Humans are plaguing the earth, we have to get rid of them.
                      Last edited by res; 01-09-2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X