No announcement yet.

Sniping is it fair?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniping is it fair?

Whan I was playing Halo with my friend on X-Box Live(It's the best!).I had just got the sniper rifle and I hid somewhere. Minutes passed finally my opponent came into view, so I snipied at him. It was an head shot.BANG! and he was dead! My friend Called me straight away screaming and shouting saying "That's not fair, your cheating! I didn't know where you were! If you do that again I'm quitting!" and he hung up. I thought to myself "I guess it's like cheating." I thought about the topic for a while and have come up with three things that should make sniping fair. Firstly, reduce the number of bullets that the gun can hold. Because if you miss you can always shoot again while your opponent is quickly looking around. Secondly, make it harder to aim. it's so easy to to aim at your opponents head in many shooting games. they should amke it harder to aim. Only the people with a steady hand can get a head shot. Finally, make the zooming capabilities lower. I mean it's so easy to zoom in from a far distance. They should make a lot less because I hate all those people who just hide and snipe at you. It's so easy to snipe. So sniping, is it fair? I think not.
    Last edited by ???; 01-19-2006, 02:49 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Of course it's fair, it has it's disadvantages so you can't call it cheating

Comment

Originally posted by ???
      Whan I was playing Halo with my friend on X-Box Live(It's the best!).I had just got the sniper rifle and I hid somewhere. Minutes passed finally my opponent came into view, so I snipied at him. It was an head shot.BANG! and he was dead! My friend Called me straight away screaming and shouting saying "That's not fair, your cheating! I didn't know where you were! If you do that again I'm quitting!" and he hung up. I thought to myself "I guess it's like cheating." I thought about the topic for a while and have come up with three things that should make sniping fair. Firstly, reduce the number of bullets that the gun can hold. Because if you miss you can always shoot again while your opponent is quickly looking around. Secondly, make it harder to aim. it's so easy to to aim at your opponents head in many shooting games. they should amke it harder to aim. Only the people with a steady hand can get a head shot. Finally, make the zooming capabilities lower. I mean it's so easy to zoom in from a far distance. They should make a lot less because I hate all those people who just hide and snipe at you. It's so easy to snipe. So sniping, is it fair? I think not.
      Yeah..Im resurrecting this thread.Hell yeah its fair.Especially because its hard to master that *****.Personaly I suck at it,but i pick up the sniper when nobody else gets it.Sniping someone in mid air with one shot?...Yes please.

Comment

Tell your friend to stop acting like a baby it's only a damn game...
        That's pathetic.. I have halo.. the game gives you a sniper rifle, the sole purposse of that gun is to snipe from a distance and he's complainin, I would have shot him 6times then gave him a call askin "how do you like me now beeatch" and hang up on his childish ass..

Comment

I wouldn't have even gotten to the point of playing, b/c I hate first person shooters.

Comment

i hate it when ppl snipe at me and i dont know where the hell they r.it seems liking cheating cause there doing it to me but once u do it to them then its alllllllllllll good. I love halo2 though i play it on like almost everyday for about 5 hours

Comment

The sniper is imbalanced if you're good with it. Close range, long range, doesn't matter. If you get in close on me in Halo 2 and I have a sniper (which I normally do), I will kill you. I'll catch you with a shot then melee you all day in close.

Also, it's not really unfair at all, you just gotta know how to counter it. (Speaking in Halo 2) The BR and Carbine are there for a reason. You can NORMALLY hit the guy with at least one of the shots ****ing up his scope, and if he's too far away for you to hit consistantly then you continue doing this until you get in close to him. If nothing else, after getting hit a couple of times, you should know where he's shooting from (if it's from the same spot). Find a different way to go about getting at him.

Snipers aren't impossible to beat, nor are they unfair (in Halo 2), but you gotta know how to beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by BadMagick
                The sniper is imbalanced if you're good with it. Close range, long range, doesn't matter. If you get in close on me in Halo 2 and I have a sniper (which I normally do), I will kill you. I'll catch you with a shot then melee you all day in close.

Also, it's not really unfair at all, you just gotta know how to counter it. (Speaking in Halo 2) The BR and Carbine are there for a reason. You can NORMALLY hit the guy with at least one of the shots ****ing up his scope, and if he's too far away for you to hit consistantly then you continue doing this until you get in close to him. If nothing else, after getting hit a couple of times, you should know where he's shooting from (if it's from the same spot). Find a different way to go about getting at him.

Snipers aren't impossible to beat, nor are they unfair (in Halo 2), but you gotta know how to beat them.

but when there hiding or u respawn in the court yard where every1 can see u then u have a problem

Comment

Originally posted by mystyal2k5
                  but when there hiding or u respawn in the court yard where every1 can see u then u have a problem
                  Yeah, but that doesn't happen all the time. Aside from that, Ivory Tower sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by mystyal2k5
                    Yeah, just hate it when you walk around and get sniped at and they miss and you look madly around everywhere for that person, but he's camaflaged. So you madly shoot everywhere. Love the enery sword one hit and your're dead if your're good.

Comment

Working...
                    X