No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward, Arthur Abraham Post-Fight Comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward, Arthur Abraham Post-Fight Comments

CARSON, Calif. – Undefeated World Boxing Association (WBA) champion Andre Ward moved one win away from claiming the ground-breaking inaugural Super Six World Boxing Classic Cup with a convincing 12-round unanimous decision over “King” Arthur Abraham at The Home Depot Center. Ward (24-0, 13 KOs) will face the winner of the June 4 Super Six Semifinal between World Boxing Council (WBC) super middleweight champion Carl “The Cobra” Froch (27-1, 20 KOs) and former world champion Glen “The Road Warrior” Johnson (51-14-2, 35 KOs). Abraham (32-2, 26 KOs), of Berlin, Germany, by way of Armenia, lost for the third straight time but vowed after the fight that he would remain in the talent-rich super middleweight division.

[Click Here To Read More]

Abraham doesn't belong at SMW he needs to drop down these guys are too big for him at 160 he could unify.

the only fight @ 168 I want to see him in is vs Pavlik.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      CARSON, Calif. – Undefeated World Boxing Association (WBA) champion Andre Ward moved one win away from claiming the ground-breaking inaugural Super Six World Boxing Classic Cup with a convincing 12-round unanimous decision over “King” Arthur Abraham at The Home Depot Center. Ward (24-0, 13 KOs) will face the winner of the June 4 Super Six Semifinal between World Boxing Council (WBC) super middleweight champion Carl “The Cobra” Froch (27-1, 20 KOs) and former world champion Glen “The Road Warrior” Johnson (51-14-2, 35 KOs). Abraham (32-2, 26 KOs), of Berlin, Germany, by way of Armenia, lost for the third straight time but vowed after the fight that he would remain in the talent-rich super middleweight division.

[Click Here To Read More]
      Surprising to hear AA categorically state that he is staying at SMW.

I guess thats where he feels most comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosseboi View Post
        Abraham doesn't belong at SMW he needs to drop down these guys are too big for him at 160 he could unify.

Thats what I thought, but I guess he feels comfortable there?

And yep, if Abraham is staying at 168 then Pavlik would be a good crossroads fight for both of them, and that fight is well overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosseboi View Post

Unify? If he went back down to 160 he would get his ass beat by Sergio Martinez. Arthur Abraham is well on his way to journeymen status.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
            Thats what I thought, but I guess he feels comfortable there?

And yep, if Abraham is staying at 168 then Pavlik would be a good crossroads fight for both of them, and that fight is well overdue.
            Pavlik presents a lot of the same problems Froch did. Hes a tall fighter with huge reach and big power. I dont see him having much of a problem with Abraham.
            Keep in mind the only dudes to beat Pavlik were slick/skillful boxers, not an angry baboon like Abraham.

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
              Pavlik presents a lot of the same problems Froch did. Hes a tall fighter with huge reach and big power. I dont see him having much of a problem with Abraham.
              Keep in mind the only dudes to beat Pavlik were slick/skillful boxers, not an angry baboon like Abraham.
              Angry baboon? Hey, I give AA credit for showing up and doing this fight in Ward's backyard. He did better than Kessler did against Ward.

Bute will put a beating on the Son of Dog -- can't wait to see it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
                I don't know man, I think that AA fought a lot better tonight than he did against Froch. He certainly showed more than I thought he had.

He actually did well to stick with Ward, it looked like it was gonna get ugly around the middle of that fight.

And Pavlik isn't exactly a thinking fighter himself.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
                  Angry baboon? Hey, I give AA credit for showing up and doing this fight in Ward's backyard. He did better than Kessler did against Ward.

Bute will put a beating on the Son of Dog -- can't wait to see it happen.
                  Good point.

Comment

AA only turned up for the first 2 rounds, hardly threw a punch in the next 10 rounds and if he does that against anybody he loses again unless he gets a Knockout which is looking unlikely after every AA fight i watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X