No announcement yet.

I sparred earlier today!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sparred earlier today!

First time in ages. I'm not really in a gym, but have some equipment and try to stay somewhat sharp. I sparred today [headgear on etc] for like 30 minutes. Was good fun, I worked up a crazy sweat.

Handspeed is ok, my power isnt great, decent but the guys I sparred with were like 250lbs plus. One is build like a house. He floored me at one point with an uppercut. I got up quick.

I usually just cycle, so it was nice to put my love of boxing in the ring. I tried to counterpunch.

I'm 6ft, 218 myself. Trying to get to 210.

Comment

did you spar in a gym though? and 30 minutes for not being around the actual gym environment with sparring is crazy good because no matter how fit you are outside, once you spar you realize how not "fighting fit" you are due to the extra movement and expent energy from actual sparring. Congrats though

Comment

Not a pro gym or anything. Sports hall/public access rec centre-we just use a side room. Sometimes I spar at home with mates.

Comment

nice nice.. i like thease sparring stories.. ;]
          next time can you put up video maybe !? someone can give you good tips ect.

Comment

Just had my 2nd sparring session. 30 mins again. Worked up a crazy sweat. I need to improve my defense, I sorta crouch and try to dodge or step into the guy to smother hit shots. Also, much holding.

Nice hand speed on the lead jab [natural orthodox, can also switch pretty cleanly] and I managed to use the fient.

Comment

Working...
            X