Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you lean slightly to shift weight from leg to leg or should it shift automatically

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you lean slightly to shift weight from leg to leg or should it shift automatically

when you rotate the hips?

It should shift automatically. The second you rotate your hips, that is where the body weight transfer occurs. As dar as leaning, do you mean to the side, forward?

Comment

Originally posted by 707puncher View Post
      It should shift automatically. The second you rotate your hips, that is where the body weight transfer occurs. As dar as leaning, do you mean to the side, forward?
      yES SO i ROTATE MY HIPS AND LEAN MY WEIGHT ONTO MY FRONT FOOT (Fowards) for the cross, and then rotate them the other way and lean my weight onto my backfoot for the hook.

So basically you are saying if I was rotating my hips properly this weight transfer should of happened automatically!?

Comment

Correct, to break it down easier by punch, for jabs, weight transfers from back foot to front foot as you launch your punch rotate your wrist, then snap. For straights, the minute you rotate your hips and your back foot turns like squashing a bug, the weight should be transferring to front foot. For hooks and uppercuts, you typically always have the weight on your back foot because you are sitting down on the punch, allowing your legs to generate power, you dont generally transfer weight forward as you will them be off balance and susceptible to being knocked down or countered.

Comment

When you throw a right handed uppercut, the weight begins on your right foot and ends on your left. When you throw a left uppercut, the weight starts on your left foot and ends on your right.

Comment

And you do not transfer weight when you jab.

Comment

Working...
            X