Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigDog9 View Post
    all i know is that dawson was boding him up pushing him around
    .....and not landing a single punch.

hopkins won round 1 & round 2 was even, as neither guy landed anything.

bottom line, it was the wrong call by the ref, but more importantly, it makes boxing look really bad as a whole. the sports bar i went to, told me they had to pay $1800 for this garbage, and thats after talking the price down from $4000. it's no wonder, and i completely understand why bars nowadays show every MMA fight, and I have to go on a "scavenger hunt" to find bars showing boxing everyday.

end of the day, a TKO ruling is laughable, dawson pulled an MMA move, and got himself a win. pat russell needs to retire. seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
      Your original post was hinged on results that happened (or didn't happen) in Australia. They have a ****ty commission on Boxing that doesn't compare to any of the U.S. commissions, who were host to 100's of Championship fights.

And I just pointed that out, using my kangaroo fuking metaphor. That's all.
      Right, but Jones' appeal was to the sanctioning body of the IBO, a US organization, but as you see, Green retained the belt even though he clearly broke their rules. This goes to show that results very rarely get changed in boxing and this will not be an exception.That was all I was saying. Jones didn't bother filing with any Australian boards because he knows it was a homer job and it didn't matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by S.J. II View Post
        Are you saying Bernard has cried wolf so many times that no one believes him anymore?
        That's exactly the case. End of thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
          @30 sec

The slow mo replay clearly showed that the shot was on the beltline and nowhere near Hopkins' junk. He was faking. Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
            .....and not landing a single punch.

hopkins won round 1 & round 2 was even, as neither guy landed anything.

bottom line, it was the wrong call by the ref, but more importantly, it makes boxing look really bad as a whole. the sports bar i went to, told me they had to pay $1800 for this garbage, and thats after talking the price down from $4000. it's no wonder, and i completely understand why bars nowadays show every MMA fight, and I have to go on a "scavenger hunt" to find bars showing boxing everyday.

end of the day, a TKO ruling is laughable, dawson pulled an MMA move, and got himself a win. pat russell needs to retire. seriously.
            It needs to be ruled a nc, and it may well be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double_L View Post
              I feel sorry for anyone who paid for this PPV solely for the main event. Undercard was solid but casual fans who only wanted the main event got burned REALLY bad.

Definite black eye for boxing.
              well it was a risky gamble paying a PPV for a hopkins fight. we all know hopkins is a boring fighter and yet they took the risk in paying the PPV...like a gamble they lost...hopkins took his paycheck and probably sipping whiskey by now laughing he fooled many

Comment

Working...
              X