Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it conceivable that Arum would pay a fighter to lose?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it conceivable that Arum would pay a fighter to lose?

That is something that I would expect out of an unsavory character like Don King. Not a Harvard educated lawyer.

But the more I watch Bob operate the more I wouldn't put it past him. Especially after seeing that interview with JMM where claims he was told it was ""business not personal."

What say you?

Clottey vs Pacquiao.

Comment

It's a damn near mystery of what this corrupted fuck does but you can't help but feel he is doing something bad.

And I remember something about Clottey came up involving $$ and Bob Arum.

And didn't he also come up to Marquez after Pac fight and say something really shady? Like "it's just the way it is, it's business" or something like that. (not saying he payed him to lose but just messed up stuff)

Comment

Clottey did pretty much say he was paid to lose...but we haven't heard from him since either...he probably donated his ankles to science to cure virgins of AIDS...what a good guy that Joshua Clottey fellow was.

Comment

It is completely and utterly conceivable for him to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            Clottey did pretty much say he was paid to lose...but we haven't heard from him since either...he probably donated his ankles to science to cure virgins of AIDS...what a good guy that Joshua Clottey fellow was.
            LMAO

Comment

I have to admit that thoughts of the Clottey fight ran through my mind this past weekend, when JCC Jr fought Rubio.

Rubio did not look at all like the same guy that took out Lemieux. It was almost as if he was holding back.

But then again Chavez Jr. is a big middleweight.

Comment

Have u never read Boxing Confidential by Jim Brady?

Comment

I wouldn't put it past any promoter to pay a fighter to lose, especially not Arum.

Comment

If it benefits him he will pay the cost to run a long con job like that. It has to benefit him though and that is awful expensive not just on the front end either because he has to keep that guy happy as all it takes is one unhappy guy to mess up that whole situation.

Arum is a real calculating dude, he wouldn't just take that risk unless he thought the end pay off was worth it.

Comment

Working...
                    X