Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one to HATE the new iTunes?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post

Try the Google Maps app. I think it has turn by turn now? Personally, nothing beats a Tom Tom for me.
    Yeah it does have turn by turn. The google maps app they put out is awesome! Much better than the old google maps app that was native on the iPhone and waaaaaaay better than the new apple maps.

You should check it out if you haven't yet, RC.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
      I didn't want to update until they had an untethered jailbreak so I'm still running 5.1.1. I'm not even sure I'll update right away when they come out with the JB for 6. I don't want to spend all that time reinstalling repositories and tweaks. I think there is something you can DL from cydia that backs up all of your tweaks but I'm not sure how well it works.
      You should keep 5.1.1, its not much different then 6.0 at all, its not worth the hassle
      Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
      Yeah it does have turn by turn. The google maps app they put out is awesome! Much better than the old google maps app that was native on the iPhone and waaaaaaay better than the new apple maps.

I downloaded it but actually dont like it's turn by turn directions because when you lock the phone, the map does not appear on the lock screen, only words on where to turn. Otherwise its a great app, especially the current traffic feature. I like the Apple maps turn bu turn but they keep messing up locations

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        You should keep 5.1.1, its not much different then 6.0 at all, its not worth the hassle

I downloaded it but actually dont like it's turn by turn directions because when you lock the phone, the map does not appear on the lock screen, only words on where to turn. Otherwise its a great app, especially the current traffic feature. I like the Apple maps turn bu turn but they keep messing up locations
        The apple maps features work great just as long as you don't need it to be accurate. That sucks. I honestly haven't used the turn by turn bit, I just knew it had the feature.

Yeah, I'm not even sure I'll bother with 6. I'm eligible for an upgrade in 5 months but I'll probably keep this phone at least until the end of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post

I prefer my TomTom. I paid quite a bit for it and want to make use of it. LOL. Plus I do love hearing Mr T... Mmmmm. The GPS on it is pretty good and I am familiar with how it is.

Comment

• I am done with this piece of **** abomination. I am going back to iTunes 10. I tried giving this piece of **** a chance, but I can't take it anymore. There are too many problems with this thing and it's driving me crazy. Why is so difficult to go around searching for things or just scrolling for things. Why doesn't this thing sort by track number, why do I have albums starting at track 7? Why does my iPod have the same cd four times, when it only exists once on iTunes?
            Last edited by Null; 01-16-2013, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• I am going back to iTunes 10.7. I hope this isn't too tough. Let's see how much work goes into doing this.

Comment

• Great. So, I went back to iTunes 10.7. It wasn't too tough of an assignment. All I had to do was uninstall iTunes 11 and delete some of the libary files associated with it. I guess iTunes creates back ups of previous iTunes library files. I am interested to find out what is contained in these library files. Anyway, I just deleted those which existed once and after iTunes 11 was installed. I am adding all my music back to iTunes. Man, I hope it retains all the information regarding genres, album artwork, artists, album title. I have spent a lot of time organizing my iTunes library and I would hate to have to do it again. I am assuming I am going to have to format my iPod, as well. I have to add in my boxing collection into iTunes, as well.

Comment

• Apparently, iTunes library files contain song data created by user. Luckily, for me, I have always organized my library to my liking. Therefore, this organization is reflected in back up library files from previous dates. I guess I am using an empty temp file, so none of my information will be restored. However, I have many back up library files and will make the adjustments after I have uploaded all my music.

This file is a database of the songs in your library and the playlists you've created. Some song-specific data is saved in this file. If you delete the file, iTunes creates a new, empty copy when you open the application, but any playlists, song ratings, comments, or other information you created is lost. The iTunes Library file is only used by iTunes, and is the only one backed up by Time Machine on OS X.

Comment

• dude, you should be in one of those daytime soap operas. you'd be a great leading actress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy Ho View Post
                      dude, you should be in one of those daytime soap operas. you'd be a great leading actress.
                      Thanks.

Once I have information regarding an issue, I like to share it with the world. This thread is for people who hate iTunes 11. Therefore, I am providing information that will allow those with hatred in their hearts to revert back to an earlier version of iTunes. You don't understand how much I hate iTunes 11.

Comment

Working...
                      X