No announcement yet.

What is next for Miguel Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
    My guess is that he will return in December in New York against Martinez, Chavez Jr, Cornelious Bundrage or Victor Ortiz. One of those four wil be his next opponent.
    what does cotto gain by fighting ortiz, chavez jr or bundrage? not alot in my opinion. cotto is at the stage of his career where he might aswell fight martinez. if he can get the win then that does alot for his record. if he doesnt win, he fought the best and gave it a good go.

Comment

Another option could be Delvin Rodriguez if he beats Austin Trout.

Comment

He said he will fight for 3 more years. At this point he is without question the 3rd biggest PPV star in boxing. All his fights from now on are guranteed to reach 400K + no matter who he faces and the rematches against Maweather and Pacquiao are still there for him in the future.
        WHY? PAcquiao almost killed him and Money dominated him.. Not interested in any of those fights.. Cotto is not in their level..

Comment

I wanna see Cotto-Ortiz. Great fight.

Comment

He said he will fight for 3 more years. At this point he is without question the 3rd biggest PPV star in boxing. All his fights from now on are guranteed to reach 400K + no matter who he faces and the rematches against Maweather and Pacquiao are still there for him in the future.
            Agreed he is a huge PPV draw but unless he is fighting Canelo or maybe Ortiz I wouldnt want to see him fight again. Or if Pac is willing to fight him at 154, and takes a drug test. A rematch with PBF is pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
              what does cotto gain by fighting ortiz, chavez jr or bundrage? not alot in my opinion. cotto is at the stage of his career where he might aswell fight martinez. if he can get the win then that does alot for his record. if he doesnt win, he fought the best and gave it a good go.
              Well against Bundrage is a tune + he gets the IBF belt and sets up a unifiucation next year against Canelo. Chavez Jr is a chance to get a belt in 4 divisions and Ortiz well Ortiz doesn't bring much and Cotto would be a heavy favorite so is the least likely of the 4. I think Martinez is the biggest fight he can make in terms of legacy, is a huge fight if Cotto can get him down to 154.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
                WHY? PAcquiao almost killed him and Money dominated him.. Not interested in any of those fights.. Cotto is not in their level..
                Jaja Mayweather didn't dominate **** and I am not interested in having your trolled ass here so take a leak.

Comment

After Bradley's finished with Pacman, maybe he can get Pacman at a decent weight. Since most of Pacman's pull will be shot.

He better stay far away from Chavez & Martinez, both ice him.

Comment

He should take an easy fight next. I would say Chavez Jr. but that's never going to happen.

Comment

I hope just big fights or notable fights.

Wouldn't mind seeing:
                      Cotto vs Alvarez (late in 2012 or early 2013)
                      Cotto vs Paul Williams (if he upsets Alvarez or even if he loses if he gives Alvarez trouble)
                      Cotto vs Cornelius Bundrage (meh, but its a title fight, assuming he beats Spinks again)
                      Cotto vs James Kirkland (with Kirkland coming back in Oct & Cotto deserving of a rest I wouldn't mind seeing this happening in Oct)
                      Cotto vs Trout-Rodriguez winner (its some sort of title fight iirc)
                      Cotto vs Erislandy Lara (wouldn't be for a title so I don't see this as very likely, but I'd love to see it)
                      Cotto vs Martinez (do this at 157lb catchweight, would be a good fight for either guy)

Of these fights I think Alvarez & Martinez are the best options & probably Kirkland & Bundrage are tied for the #3 best option.

Comment

Working...
                      X