No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ameth Diaz Shocks Lenny Z, Fifth Round TKO Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ameth Diaz Shocks Lenny Z, Fifth Round TKO Win

At the Melbourne Pavilion in Flemington, Victoria, Australia, lightweight contender Lenny "Lenny Z" Zappavigna (25-2, 17 KOs) was stunned in five rounds, as gatekeeper Ameth Diaz (30-10, 21 KOs) picked up the biggest win of his career in an IBF elminator. Diaz earns the right to face IBF lightweight champion Miguel Vazquez. Lenny Z was coming off a twelve round decision loss to Vazquez, which took place in March on the Miguel Cotto-Ricardo Mayorga card in Las Vegas. Against Diaz, he was stunned in the second round and dropped. He managed to battle back until he was once againt caught in the fifth and battered until his corner stopped the contest.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Who was the idiot who said Zap was going to tear Miguel Vasquez's head off?? Now he loses to a guy 10 losses. It was nice seeing another padded unbeaten record get stomped against Vasquez. Well he wasn't unbeaten cause he was beaten before the Vasquez fight and was given a gift.

Comment

only the good die young. . . don't know if he was any good, but his career sure is dead now. . .

Comment

it was prob me who said that wasnt meant for you to take to heart but fair enough that did make me look like an idiot hey either Lenny really isnt that good or he needs a decent trainer he doesnt seem to be getting better it knda seems like hes getting worse

Comment

Like I always say - too many people are wined, dined, and seduced by an unbeaten record or by a puncher. Same thing happened to David Lemeiux who had a padded record till Rubio disconnected him from his senses.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            Who was the idiot who said Zap was going to tear Miguel Vasquez's head off?? Now he loses to a guy 10 losses. It was nice seeing another padded unbeaten record get stomped against Vasquez. Well he wasn't unbeaten cause he was beaten before the Vasquez fight and was given a gift.
            nearly every contender has a padded record. most champions too.

Comment

People write off boxers to quickly now a days. Salido has plenty losses yet he has captured the world championship on more than 1 ocassion. Gilberto Keb Baas, Carlos Baldomir, Luis Lazarte, are a few more examples of people with double digit losses who have still managed to compete at the championship level.

Ameth Diaz is a very talented boxer, I saw him fight in my city against Ji-Hoon Kim and although he lost he was winning the entire first round before getting caught with a shot that to me seemed behind the head. Either way he gained my respect with that fight because Kim was on a roll at the time and it wouldnt have surprised anyone if he won. He bounced back and was able to KO the person that ended Kims career pretty much. As long as these guys got the will and heart to train then theres no reason either of these 2 couldnt become world champion eventually. Diaz reminds me alot of Miguel Acosta the way they fight is very simliar.

Diaz-Vazquez gonna be a good fight and although I think Titere will take it by UD, I think hes going to have to work for it because Diaz has some good defense and a pretty decent pop.

It aint over for Lenny Z, boxers will always give him trouble that is already been proven by Vazquez and Diaz, but against come forward brawlers he will always have that punchers chance. People gonna write him off already and thats expected, but look at what happened to Juan Manuel Lopez he got defeated by Salido, yet hes still in the picture for big fights so why not Zappa? I think him vs Katsidis at 140 would still be a great fight that would sell very well in Australia. I read somewhere Lenny was very dehydrated and had trouble making the weight, maybe he should move up to 140 already I bet we see a better version. No point in changing trainers either I dont think that would make a difference Lenny is who he is and I dont think any trainer could help him change except maybe Robert Garcia.

Comment

Working...
              X