Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao picking on a smaller fighter in JMM.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
    Wait I thought JMM did ask for the Mayweather fight?

Comment

Originally posted by ballgamessuck View Post
      Paquiao wieghed less than 150 ON FIGHT NIGHT for all of the fights at 147, and for the fight at 154, he weighed in at 144.6 and was 148 on fight night. That is less than some fighters weigh on fight night for bouts at 140 and even 135. Floyd agreed to face JMM at 144, but never intended to be that light and came in at 146, he was probably 155 during the fight. Paquiao will make the agreed weight of 144 vs JMM, and will likely weigh about 147 on fight night. There will be less of a size difference between Paq and JMM than there was between Floyd and JMM. Paq and JMM will be very close to the same size in the ring, but in Floyds his size advantage over JMM was painfully obvious.
      Your argument is so weak as to pose no argument at all. Go back to sleep.
      Please show me the prove of this. Why don't you view this the same way the whole Pac is on drug accusations? There is no proof, so its not true...Right?

Because it certainly would be crazy to think that a grown man, taking 2 years out of the ring, might have a problem making 3lbs under his normal fighting weight.

Bias much?

Comment

Originally posted by megadeth View Post
        I could've sworn he said "take the test and we have a fight", BEFORE the JMM was signed. Not to mention that they had already planned on fighting JMM next before the Mosley fight was have even commenced.
        Floyd says take the test in his sleep! lol .... but just like you heard that from Floyd, I'm sure you also heard Manny saying, I will take the test. Right?

Marquez was also one of the options when they picked Mosley instead but either way, I see no problem in thinking ahead at who your future opponents may be. That is what a good promoter does.

Now, tell me how Manny's team knew that Floyd was ready to come back and fight? Did Floyd's side call them up?

If Floyd was serious to fight Manny instead of Ortiz, all he had to do was do like he did with Ortiz. Call him up and say, let's negotiate!

Let's face it. It's lining up for May, 2012 ....

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
          Floyd says take the test in his sleep! lol .... but just like you heard that from Floyd, I'm sure you also heard Manny saying, I will take the test. Right?
          Yes, I heard that a long time ago. The problem with that is, his answer isn't consistent. What was his answer again at the Mosley presser when asked if he would take the test and the whole world could see? "You have to believe me". "YES" seems much easier to say, doesn't it? Does that seem like he we was serious about agreeing?

Marquez was also one of the options when they picked Mosley instead but either way, I see no problem in thinking ahead at who your future opponents may be. That is what a good promoter does.
          Thinking ahead is one thing, but having the fight almost set before even bothering to contact anyone about Mayweather(when you claim HE is the #1 option) is a little much, don't u think?

Now, tell me how Manny's team knew that Floyd was ready to come back and fight? Did Floyd's side call them up?
          How about the fact that Arum commented on it?

If Floyd was serious to fight Manny instead of Ortiz, all he had to do was do like he did with Ortiz. Call him up and say, let's negotiate!

Floyd doesn't call anyone. Maybe Al Haymon does, but, with Arum, they were screwed on the 1st negotiations and the way it looks now, weren't serious in the next so call "negotiation", so who should be making the calls? Seems to me Arum should, when they are serious about making the fight and doing the OSDT.

Let's face it. It's lining up for May, 2012 ....
          Let's hope this is true. I am just tired of FMJ receiving the lion share of blame, being called coward and duck, when Pac is just as much if not more to blame about the fight not coming off.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            The wording of this thread couldnt be further from the truth! Pac PICKING? It is JMM BEGGING for a fight with Pac, dont give me none of this Pac PICKED nonsense!!! JMM wearing t shirts with i beat him twice garbage. If that isnt JMM BEGGING for a fight i dont know what is?

Please tell me if im missing something!
            He picked Marquez, end of story. So what Floyd went and did 10x more offensive stuff yet when you ask Pac he says 'he doesn't need Floyd', obviously he doesn't need Marquez either. Don't get it twisted Manny chooses who he fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Darryl1914 View Post
              Yeah I know, I know...Sounds crazy right? Pacquiao has 4 fights at 147lbs (Welterweight) and one fight for a 154lbs Title. Now he wants to fight a Lightweight...OMG!!! There should be Crazy-hate for Pacquiao for this fight...RIGHT?

Oh But wait....Floyd Mayweather also had only 4 fights at 147lbs (Welterweight) and one fight for a 154lbs Title when he chose to fight JMM (but his was for a tune-up after a 2 year Layoff)...Yet every Boxing Forum, Sports Forum, every sports-bar and gym was full of HATE for Floyd. Although they have yet to fight each other....even the Haters make it pretty-damn obvious who is the better fighter!!!

wtf don't u fools understand? the hate isn't coz Floyd fought lightweight Marquez, it's BECAUSE HE AGREED TO FIGHT HIM AT 144 AND THEN SAID FUK IT AND CAME IT AT WATEVER WEIGHT HE WANTED AND JMM WAS FORCED TO TAKE THE FIGHT ANYWAY.

Comment

Yeah I know, I know...Sounds crazy right? Pacquiao has 4 fights at 147lbs (Welterweight) and one fight for a 154lbs Title. Now he wants to fight a Lightweight...OMG!!! There should be Crazy-hate for Pacquiao for this fight...RIGHT?

Oh But wait....Floyd Mayweather also had only 4 fights at 147lbs (Welterweight) and one fight for a 154lbs Title when he chose to fight JMM (but his was for a tune-up after a 2 year Layoff)...Yet every Boxing Forum, Sports Forum, every sports-bar and gym was full of HATE for Floyd. Although they have yet to fight each other....even the Haters make it pretty-damn obvious who is the better fighter!!!

pac is blown LW that can fight at WW and JRWW.. he is a smaller man in WW.

and everyone knows it. JMM fought Pac at SFW thats matter. and money

matter.

floyd fought JMM too for money.

one fight is needed it is pac vs floyd.
                end of thread.

Comment

Tell me, kind sir, at what weights were Pacquiao-Marquez I and II staged?

Comment

Originally posted by megadeth View Post
                    Please show me the prove of this. Why don't you view this the same way the whole Pac is on drug accusations? There is no proof, so its not true...Right?

Because it certainly would be crazy to think that a grown man, taking 2 years out of the ring, might have a problem making 3lbs under his normal fighting weight.

Bias much?
                    Look it up yourself. It wont be hard to find because it is true. You are the one posting non truths

Comment

Another clueless dumb ***** alt. Did you know Pac fought Marquez TWICE in his two best weight division? Unlike Floyd cheated Marquez at the scale and had 15 lbs or more fight night against Marquez.

Did you also know all Pacquiao fights at 147 and above he never truly weigh in as welterweight like all the natural welterweight normally do? Now go to sleep child as you still has class tomorrow.
                      Last edited by straightleft; 06-11-2011, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X