No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    I was surprised they made him rape her. Didn't know they changed it from the books but it just didn't fit his character at all.

Wicked episode though. Little finger is one devious mother effer. I think he will try to marry Sansa and claim the North with her as his Bride. I know he's not true high born but he is so ambitious and opportunistic i can just see him trying it. Capitalise on the pro Stark/ anti Lannister feeling in the North.

Danearys took another slave city. Be quite funny if after all this build up she died with a bout of food poisoning or tripped and hit her head on a rock
    Yeah, in the books they do have sex next to Joffrey's body like that, but Cersei offers kind of a "we really shouldn't" before consenting. Is having consensual sex next to their dead son not gross enough, they had to make it rape?

Comment

• That wasn't really legit rape. It was more like "no we shouldn't, I want to and I'm not really going to try to hard to stop you, but we shouldn't, but I am enjoying it so don't stop, but we shouldn't because it's not right, but keep going" sex.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I don't get why they changed the Jaime/Cersei scene so Jaime rapes her. I'm not normally one to rant about stuff the show changes, but that's extremely stupid.

Otherwise, very good episode. Tywin is one bad mothershutyourmouth. Try as I might to hate him, I can't.
        WTF!! Didnt see the episode yet.. that is stupid..

Didn't they make him kill his cousin in the first or second season? When he didnt in the book..

In the show the guy ia a king and kinslayer and now rapes his sister..

Comment

• Originally posted by 2501 View Post
          That wasn't really legit rape. It was more like "no we shouldn't, I want to and I'm not really going to try to hard to stop you, but we shouldn't, but I am enjoying it so don't stop, but we shouldn't because it's not right, but keep going" sex.
          Like the "rape" **** you see these days

Comment

• Originally posted by 2501 View Post
            That wasn't really legit rape. It was more like "no we shouldn't, I want to and I'm not really going to try to hard to stop you, but we shouldn't, but I am enjoying it so don't stop, but we shouldn't because it's not right, but keep going" sex.
            It was consensual rape.

Comment

I don't get why they changed the Jaime/Cersei scene so Jaime rapes her. I'm not normally one to rant about stuff the show changes, but that's extremely stupid.

Otherwise, very good episode. Tywin is one bad mothershutyourmouth. Try as I might to hate him, I can't.
              lol wut?

it made perfect sense to me. absolute sense. in fact as soon as jaime told the people guarding the chamber to leave us and the doors where shut i knew that was gonna happen lol.

As a person who hasnt read the book, it made perfect sense to me and totally understood why the show runners did that. According to past episodes in the tv show, jaime and cersei havent had sex yet since jaime returned. Wasnt there a scene in the previous 2 episodes cant remember which one where jaime tried to start something sexually with cersei and she was having none of it? Jaime was craving for cersei. according to the show jaime has only been with one woman his entire life, cersei what he told lady stark when he was chained up. Joffrey their son being dead, they were alone, jaime hasnt had sex yet since he was captured by the stark, cersei not giving him any....

people use sex to deal with grief all the time. jaime and cersei doing it right then and there also added to their ****ed up sexualized brother sister relationship. You could say it was typical and shouldnt be surprising based on their incestuous relationship.

It made total sense to me. nothing stupid about it.

AGAIN, THIS THE TV SHOW NOT THE BOOKS. ADAPTATIONS WILL ALWAYS BE DIFFERENT. STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT IT. ITS ANNOYING. MOST PEOPLE WHO WATCH THE SHOW ARE NOT BOOK READERS. WE COULDNT CARE LESS.

Great episode although i hate the fact that they didnt show enough Danearys and wasted valuable screen time on gilly and sam. They are being sheisty with dandearys again.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tase View Post
                lol wut?

it made perfect sense to me. absolute sense. in fact as soon as jaime told the people guarding the chamber to leave us and the doors where shut i knew that was gonna happen lol.

As a person who hasnt read the book, it made perfect sense to me and totally understood why the show runners did that. According to past episodes in the tv show, jaime and cersei havent had sex yet since jaime returned. Wasnt there a scene in the previous 2 episodes cant remember which one where jaime tried to start something sexually with cersei and she was having none of it? Jaime was craving for cersei. according to the show jaime has only been with one woman his entire life, cersei what he told lady stark when he was chained up. Joffrey their son being dead, they were alone, jaime hasnt had sex yet since he was captured by the stark, cersei not giving him any....

people use sex to deal with grief all the time. jaime and cersei doing it right then and there also added to their ****ed up sexualized brother sister relationship. You could say it was typical and shouldnt be surprising based on their incestuous relationship.

It made total sense to me. nothing stupid about it.

AGAIN, THIS THE TV SHOW NOT THE BOOKS. ADAPTATIONS WILL ALWAYS BE DIFFERENT. STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT IT. ITS ANNOYING. MOST PEOPLE WHO WATCH THE SHOW ARE NOT BOOK READERS. WE COULDNT CARE LESS.

Great episode although i hate the fact that they didnt show enough Danearys and wasted valuable screen time on gilly and sam. They are being sheisty with dandearys again.
                It's stupid to have Jaime rape Cersei. He's not a rapist. He's never been portrayed as a rapist. He stopped a woman he didn't care about at all from getting raped last season.

To have him rape Cersei just destroyed the transformation Jaime was supposed to be going through since Catelyn released him from the dungeon.

Comment

Yeah, in the books they do have sex next to Joffrey's body like that, but Cersei offers kind of a "we really shouldn't" before consenting. Is having consensual sex next to their dead son not gross enough, they had to make it rape?
                  I thought she did consent at the end. If you look, she fights him off but then at the very end she starts kissing him and going a lone with it.

Comment

It's stupid to have Jaime rape Cersei. He's not a rapist. He's never been portrayed as a rapist. He stopped a woman he didn't care about at all from getting raped last season.

To have him rape Cersei just destroyed the transformation Jaime was supposed to be going through since Catelyn released him from the dungeon.

one thing ive learned from watching game of thrones is that its unabashed way of portraying the entirety of a human being, the things that make them great, and the things that make them not so great, thrones will show all of it. they will show the good and bad side of man and let the viewers decide what kind of a person they are. i love that about this show.

Jaime is a murderer, a sister ****er who throws kids off high buildings. But we learned last year that he is also a man with great honor and integrity.

Rob Stark as great and wonderful he was, got killed because he was dumb and was thinking about his little head instead of his big one.

Stannis, a great warrior, is justified in seeking the throne via conquest but he is also willing to sacrifice everything to get to the throne.

The Hound was a bad guy in the beginning but now he's a crowd favorite. You can do this with almost every character on the show.

That's what's great about this show, they will show the good side and bad side of man. They show that no matter how honorable and famous you are, you can die if you dont do the practical thing no matter how horrible it is.

There's nothing stupid about it. the only reason you feel that way is because you are your typical snobby book reader who loves to point out differences in books and tv adaptations.
                    Last edited by The Tase; 04-21-2014, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• anyone still hate new daario after that scene? i think he's alright.

Comment

Working...
                      X