• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by southcentralcar View Post
    have any of you seen mayweather lose ?
    Nope but his resume is suspect

Comment

Originally posted by FerdinandMarcos View Post
      He never quit in a fight..............
      i agree.........gatti never quit in a fight.....unlike floyd who quits before the fight is signed..............................LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
        George Chuvalo was just a human punching bag who Ali was too feather-fisted to stop.

Either Klitschko would definitely have stopped him though.
        Featherfisted Chris Byrd walked down Vitaly and made that whore QUIT...and he's the best of the Klit Queens...lol

The Klits are human punching bags too....punching bags with GLASS CHINS and NO HEART..lol

Comment

Wow. OP is just sad. Someone starts a thread pointing out the fact that the Klitschskos have never beaten an elite fighter, and he responds by attacking the credentials of another fighter who has absolutely nothing to do with that.

And if you actually followed boxing in America and weren't obsessed with the Klitschskos fighting in the worst Heavyweight era of all time, you would know that Floyd was begging Mosley and Oscar, especially Oscar, to fight him his whole career. It wasn't until after he fought ODLH that he became a true megastar and could call the shots in negotiations.

Comment

He never quit in a fight..............
            Gatti fought everybody won and lost and had nothing to be ashamed of.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather Jr won a split decision over a faded Oscar De La Hoya. He beat a much smaller, old Juan Manuel Marquez and an old Genaro Hernandez, and an age 38 Shane Mosley.

His other opponents such as Baldomir and Hatton were good but not really elite fighters.

Why didn't Floyd face Oscar or Shane when they were in their PRIME? Why didn't he fight Tszyu, Casamayor and Forrest some years ago?

Floyd has never defeated an elite fighter in his prime.
              Castillo, Hatton and Corrales were good but not really elite fighters.
              I will say that Castillo beat Casamayor and Corrales took one of the three and has at least an argument (I didn't say it was a great one) that he should have won the third fight against Cepillo.

The run Castillo had in the lightweight division, fighting everyone and winning against almost everyone he faced was truly one of the better runs in recent memory. Wins over Stevie Johnston (the guy that people say Mosley should have fought at lightweight, as it was his best competition at the time), Cesar Bazan (the only man who had beaten Johnston previous to Castillo), Juan Lazcano (a really good looking prospect on his way up who was actually favored against Castillo in that fight, but never panned out after this fight), Casamayor (a fight that I have some problems with the scoring, I thought Casamayor should have gotten the nod), Julio Diaz (another hot prospect at the time, ended up winning a title in the future over Jesus Chavez) and Diego Corrales (even though Castillo didn't make the weight, it was a lightweight fight, evening up the score between the two fighters).

Not to mention, Castillo owns a draw against Johnston in the rematch, two close fights against Mayweather (everyone has their opinion on how those were scored, no need to get into another pointless debate about it ) and the best fight of all time by most accounts against Diego Corrales.

Pretty difficult to argue with that body of work at lightweight, especially in contrast with Tszyu and Forrest.

Tszyu doesn't have that level of competition in his run at 140... regardless of who avoided who, points can't be awarded to a fighter for fights that didn't happen. We will always just be left wondering what would have happened in those fights.

Forrest has one of the best wins of the last decade, dominating Shane Mosley in an old fashioned ass whipping to take his title and his undefeated record, as well as knocking him off his perch on the P4P list. Other than that, he had a close, unimpressive decision in the rematch against Mosley (just an awful, awful fight to watch, heads up to anyone thinking about watching it), then two losses to Mayorga. He came back after a few years out of the ring to put himself in a position for a title shot by being absolutely blessed, getting a totally undeserved win against Ike Quartey (one of the few fights I am okay with calling a robbery). He took advantage of that win by winnig a vacant belt over Carlos Baldomir at 154 (not an overly impressive opponent) and making a defense against Michele Piccirillo (another guy who was just okay at best) before splitting fights against Sergio Mora (who had his lucky time in the spotlight by catching Forrest on an off night and using his size and incredibly negative style to put on a terrible show and hold Mosley to a draw before losing to a prospect's gatekeeper in Brian Vera).

I can see you argument for Corrales not being an elite fighter though. I think his resume is less impressive than Castillo's, especially at 130, the weight Mayweather fought him at. Beating undefeated champion (and now excellent trainer) Robert Garcia, winning against Derrick Gainer by early knockout (who went on to beat 35-0 Freddie Norwood who holds the first real loss of Marquez's career a division below oddly enough), beating up on Angel Manfredy after Mayweather already burst his hype balloon, getting dominated to a point so rarely seen in a championship fight by Mayweather (Mayweather lands more punches than Corrales throws... wow) and splitting fights against Joel Casamayor are his main fights at 130.

After his win over Casamayor at 130, his wins over undefeated Freitas (in one hell of an entertaining fight for those that haven't seen it, a bit reminiscent of Margarito-Cotto) and Castillo in the best fight ever really boosted his stock. Pretty impressive to beat the other three members of the lightweight fab four of their era, as all of those guys seemed to fight each other and gave us example after example of why the triangle theory has no merit in predicting fights.

Alright, I'm done spitting knowledge in this post. Enjoy the long read.
              Last edited by Fox McCloud; 04-07-2011, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by welcometosaigon View Post
                Wow. OP is just sad. Someone starts a thread pointing out the fact that the Klitschskos have never beaten an elite fighter, and he responds by attacking the credentials of another fighter who has absolutely nothing to do with that.

And if you actually followed boxing in America and weren't obsessed with the Klitschskos fighting in the worst Heavyweight era of all time, you would know that Floyd was begging Mosley and Oscar, especially Oscar, to fight him his whole career. It wasn't until after he fought ODLH that he became a true megastar and could call the shots in negotiations.
                Everybody was begging Oscar for a fight and it was pathetic, he wanted to jump up 3 weight classes for a major payday then got rolled up against Castillo. That right there shows you Oscar would have hurt he boy. He wasn't ready and Floyd Sr wasn't letting it happen anyway

Comment

Featherfisted Chris Byrd walked down Vitaly and made that whore QUIT...and he's the best of the Klit Queens...lol

The Klits are human punching bags too....punching bags with GLASS CHINS and NO HEART..lol
                  No, the Klitschkos are good.

Unlike Floyd, the Klitschkos never ducked anybody. They fought every single heavyweight who was willing to step in the ring with them.

Floyd ducked Mosley, Forrest and Tszyu years ago, and has ducked Cotto and Pacquiao in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                    I will say that Castillo beat Casamayor and Corrales took one of the three and has at least an argument (I didn't say it was a great one) that he should have won the third fight against Cepillo.

The run Castillo had in the lightweight division, fighting everyone and winning against almost everyone he faced was truly one of the better runs in recent memory. Wins over Stevie Johnston (the guy that people say Mosley should have fought at lightweight, as it was his best competition at the time), Cesar Bazan (the only man who had beaten Johnston previous to Castillo), Juan Lazcano (a really good looking prospect on his way up who was actually favored against Castillo in that fight, but never panned out after this fight), Casamayor (a fight that I have some problems with the scoring, I thought Casamayor should have gotten the nod), Julio Diaz (another hot prospect at the time, ended up winning a title in the future over Jesus Chavez) and Diego Corrales (even though Castillo didn't make the weight, it was a lightweight fight, evening up the score between the two fighters).

Not to mention, Castillo owns a draw against Johnston in the rematch, two close fights against Mayweather (everyone has their opinion on how those were scored, no need to get into another pointless debate about it ) and the best fight of all time by most accounts against Diego Corrales.

Pretty difficult to argue with that body of work at lightweight, especially in contrast with Tszyu and Forrest.

Tszyu doesn't have that level of competition in his run at 140... regardless of who avoided who, points can't be awarded to a fighter for fights that didn't happen. We will always just be left wondering what would have happened in those fights.

Forrest has one of the best wins of the last decade, dominating Shane Mosley in an old fashioned ass whipping to take his title and his undefeated record, as well as knocking him off his perch on the P4P list. Other than that, he had a close, unimpressive decision in the rematch against Mosley (just an awful, awful fight to watch, heads up to anyone thinking about watching it), then two losses to Mayorga. He came back after a few years out of the ring to put himself in a position for a title shot by being absolutely blessed, getting a totally undeserved win against Ike Quartey (one of the few fights I am okay with calling a robbery). He took advantage of that win by winnig a vacant belt over Carlos Baldomir at 154 (not an overly impressive opponent) and making a defense against Michele Piccirillo (another guy who was just okay at best) before splitting fights against Sergio Mora (who had his lucky time in the spotlight by catching Forrest on an off night and using his size and incredibly negative style to put on a terrible show and hold Mosley to a draw before losing to a prospect's gatekeeper in Brian Vera).

I can see you argument for Corrales not being an elite fighter though. I think his resume is less impressive than Castillo's, especially at 130, the weight Mayweather fought him at. Beating undefeated champion (and now excellent trainer) Robert Garcia, winning against Derrick Gainer by early knockout (who went on to beat 35-0 Freddie Norwood who holds the first real loss of Marquez's career a division below oddly enough), beating up on Angel Manfredy after Mayweather already burst his hype balloon, getting dominated to a point so rarely seen in a championship fight by Mayweather (Mayweather lands more punches than Corrales throws... wow) and splitting fights against Joel Casamayor are his main fights at 130.

After his win over Casamayor at 130, his wins over undefeated Freitas (in one hell of an entertaining fight for those that haven't seen it, a bit reminiscent of Margarito-Cotto) and Castillo in the best fight ever really boosted his stock. Pretty impressive to beat the other three members of the lightweight fab four of their era, as all of those guys seemed to fight each other and gave us example after example of why the triangle theory has no merit in predicting fights.

Alright, I'm done spitting knowledge in this post. Enjoy the long read.
                    Yeah man, Casamayor-JLC was very hard to score, need to rewatch Castillo vs. Johnston II, I know I had Castillo clearly winning the first fight. No doubt that Castillo's run at LW was impressive.

Comment

No, the Klitschkos are good.

Unlike Floyd, the Klitschkos never ducked anybody. They fought every single heavyweight who was willing to step in the ring with them.

Floyd ducked Mosley, Forrest and Tszyu years ago, and has ducked Cotto and Pacquiao in recent years.
                      Both Klits have been stopped in the WEAKEST heavyweight division..........EVER.

Floyd has never QUIT like a ***** or been KTFO by a part-time golfer...lol

Comment

Working...
                      X