• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

750k for a 11 win fighter.

Nacho Beristain must be livid....

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Hunt View Post
      Rigondeaux is a far better boxer but Donaire hits really hard and has the type of power where he mentally changes his opponent when he hits them. If Rigondeaux can avoid getting tagged heavily for 4 rounds I see him winning. I have not seen Rigondeaux get nailed yet so there are ??? about his chin but if he can take Donaire's power he will win.
      "Far" better boxer?

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        HBO doesn't care what's in TR's contract with their fighters. HBO pays a license fee and TR splits it between the fighters. If HBO didn't want to pay a big enough licence fee to meet both fighter's minimum, the fight is not going to happen. If Rigo was asking for $750k-1M last year, of course that fight wasn't going to be made. Donaire would have to take a huge paycut to meet Rigo's demands. HBO is paying to showcase Donaire, not Rigo. Why should Donaire take a paycut? It makes perfect sense that Donaire is going fight Narvaez, Vasquez, Mathebula, and Nishioka over Rigo because they aren't asking for ridiculous amounts of money. Screaming duck while asking for $750k is idiotic knowing that HBO isn't paying that much. Donaire had to beat p4p guys in Darchinian and Montiel before he could get a $750k payday while Rigo feels entitled to that amount for beating Rico Ramos. It's ridiculous. Only now might the Rigo fight be possible because Donaire's profile is up for all the work he did last year so HBO is willing to cough up more dough.
        Before I start le me ask you, you do know that this is the first time they have negotiated for a fight right?

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
          Before I start le me ask you, you do know that this is the first time they have negotiated for a fight right?
          That's BS. They share the same promoter. There has to had been minor talks here and there.

And I know about what Hyde supposedly claimed. Top Rank has negotiated fights without him the past hence the lawsuit.
          Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-30-2013, 10:15 PM.

Comment

I have Rigo winning if this happens, unless Donaire KO's him early on.

Comment

i'm glad this fight is going to get made....the two best at 122 going at it...can't ask for anything better. rigo is going to give donaire a tough fight...may the best man win!

Comment

honestly I can't remember the last toprank card I was excited for maybe Cotto vs Clottey

respect to Donaire if he goes through with it

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  honestly I can't remember the last toprank card I was excited for maybe Cotto vs Clottey

respect to Donaire if he goes through with it
                  You weren't excited for Rios-Alvarado?

Anyway Rigo's getting paid way too much, he only has 11 fights against nobodies, people just overrate the hell out of him because of his fancy little footwork. Donaire will make easy work of him.

Comment

Working...
                  X