Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Oscar de la Hoya the the most financially successful boxer outside of the ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killa Killa View Post
    I wonder about the klitschko bros....

I know they get the bulk of their money overseas, I wonder what they make when it's all said and done, because they are very popular in Europe....

Not saying it compares to the Oscar or whatever, but i'm sure they should be good....
    yes they are doing good with their sponsorship deal with hugo boss and their exclusive contract with rtl...however they are nowhere near as popular as pac and floyd in the states...they're most popular in germany and parts of eastern europe and rtl is televising all their fights in holland since about two years ago
    Originally posted by fish262 View Post
    Does anyone know what the K brothers venture into? There pretty smart guys and sell out soccer stadiums when they fight.
    they sell tickets but keep in mind germans are loyal boxing fans...sturm and abraham have been known to be big draws as well

however they don't enjoy a big mainstream audience and don't fight on ppv

to illustrate their popularity: everybody here in europe still knows who oscar de la hoya is but only sports die hards know who the klitschkos are. but u have to keep in mind that outside of germany and the uk boxing in europe is seen as an irrelevant sport by the mainstream audiences and has been for almost two decades. with the exceptions being world champions still residing in their country like kessler in denmark or mormeck (4 years ago) in france
    Last edited by -PANDA-; 01-17-2013, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      I had to do a case study on Foreman some years back; investigating the grill, interviewing him, etc etc. Foreman struck a sweet equity deal with the Company at the outset in exchange for his name and being a spokesperson. He then bought back the rights to his name for nearly $150m. He's made close to $230m on this deal alone. That doesn't include all his other endorsements, earnings in the ring and earnings while working at HBO. It's Foreman but Oscar is right behind him.
      The worldwide popularity of the George Foreman grill has resulted in sales of over 100 million units since it was first launched, a feat that was achieved in a little over 15 years. Although Foreman has never confirmed exactly how much he has earned from the endorsement, Salton Inc paid him $137 million in 1999 in order to buy out the right to use his name.[7] Previous to that he was being paid about 40% of the profits on each grill sold (earning him $4.5 million a month in payouts at its peak), so it is estimated he has made a total of over $200 million from the endorsement, a sum that is substantially more than he earned as a boxer. Source from Wikipedia and other sites.

You maybe right, but Dela Hoya will eventually surpass him though. He bought back rights for the Foreman grill?

Comment

I remember Hulk Hogan saying they came to him for the grill and he declined....then they went to George Foreman.

Not saying he would have made as much money, but I know he sick right now....sheeid his wife prolly would have taken half anyway and banged half the teenage boys in SoFla.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
          Not sure, foreman has made a boat load:

The worldwide popularity of the George Foreman grill has resulted in sales of over 100 million units since it was first launched, a feat that was achieved in a little over 15 years. Although Foreman has never confirmed exactly how much he has earned from the endorsement, Salton Inc paid him $137 million in 1999 in order to buy out the right to use his name.[7] Previous to that he was being paid about 40% of the profits on each grill sold (earning him $4.5 million a month in payouts at its peak), so it is estimated he has made a total of over $200 million from the endorsement, a sum that is substantially more than he earned as a boxer.[7]
          4.5 Million a month?

****kkkkkkkkkkkkk

Comment

Originally posted by MakeItRain View Post
            The worldwide popularity of the George Foreman grill has resulted in sales of over 100 million units since it was first launched, a feat that was achieved in a little over 15 years. Although Foreman has never confirmed exactly how much he has earned from the endorsement, Salton Inc paid him $137 million in 1999 in order to buy out the right to use his name.[7] Previous to that he was being paid about 40% of the profits on each grill sold (earning him $4.5 million a month in payouts at its peak), so it is estimated he has made a total of over $200 million from the endorsement, a sum that is substantially more than he earned as a boxer. Source from Wikipedia and other sites.

You maybe right, but Dela Hoya will eventually surpass him though. He bought back rights for the Foreman grill?
            Check that, he was bought out so I don't believe he has a stake in them anymore. Although it wouldn't surprise me if he had some restricted stock units or got compensated annual through some other deal he cut after bowing out.

Comment

Working...
            X