No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson Talks Khan Negotiations, Cayo, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson Talks Khan Negotiations, Cayo, More

BoxingScene.com found junior welterweight contender, Lamont Peterson, during a Monday workout at the Head Bangers' Gym in Southeast of his native Washington, D.C.

[Click Here To Read More]

So Petersen confirms he priced himself out.

Can the "lowball" talk end now?

Cheers

Comment

The 300K would be more than worth if if he thought he could win, because then he would be the Champion and have 300K in his pocket.

He'd lose though, and he knows it, so he's going to outprice himself and wait for Khan and Bradley to move up. Then he'll look to grab those titles.

Comment

Rematch clauses are thrown when the promoters think their fighter will lose imo. Paul Williams was walking aroun with rematch clauses if he ever lost. Quintana whipped his ass and then had to the rematch for the same short money he initially got for the first fight. Dude was the champ and had totake less money. We all know what happened in the rematch. Paul had one vs Sergio the first time around but he won so it wasn't mandatory. For the second fight, Sergio took less money but got that rematch clause outta there.
        Last edited by King Ju-Ju; 04-11-2011, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxeoBoriqua View Post
          Rematch clauses are thrown when the promoters think their fighter will lose imo. Paul Williams was walking aroun with rematch clauses if he ever lost. Quintana whipped his ass and then had to the rematch for the same short money he initially got for the first fight. Dude was the champ and had totake less money. We all know what happened in the rematch. Paul had one vs Sergio the first time around but he won so it wasn't mandatory. For the second fight, Sergio took less money got that rematch clause outta there contract.
          Rematch clauses are standard when you're not the mandatory challenger. Peterson is not the mandatory.

Comment

@Dirkdiggler, naw dude it's called not selling ya soul. Good to see a fighter take a stand if if they fill the contract isn't proper. Judging by your Picture profile anything that comes from your kingdom you'll find a slant? James Degale is ASS! As is Khan and so many others from your pond!

Comment

intresting tuff there, come on lamont lad

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Rematch clauses are standard when you're not the mandatory challenger. Peterson is not the mandatory.
                Is agreeing on the rematch purse before the first fight standard?

Seems odd.

Comment

you've been owned kido. don't ever try to stalk me again MAHAHAHAHA

BoxingScene.com: I understand that you were offered $300,000?

LP: Yes, that was it, you know, it was $300,000. I know that that was going to be the most money that I've ever made and everything, and I probably would have taken the first offer. But then, they started talking about a rematch.

And even on the rematch, I was going to have to take the same thing? That's just crazy.

wooooooooooooooooow

hahahahahahaha

Comment

@Dirkdiggler, naw dude it's called not selling ya soul. Good to see a fighter take a stand if if they fill the contract isn't proper. Judging by your Picture profile anything that comes from your kingdom you'll find a slant? James Degale is ASS! As is Khan and so many others from your pon@Dirkdiggler, naw dude it's called not selling ya soul. Good to see a fighter take a stand if if they fill the contract isn't proper. Judging by your Picture profile anything that comes from your kingdom you'll find a slant? James Degale is ASS! As is Khan and so many others from your pond!d!

Comment

Working...
                    X