No announcement yet.

was tyson scared of bowe and foreman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by res View Post
    I agree with this. From the time Tyson was a kid he had D'amato and Jacobs feeding Boxing history into his head, watching the old footage . You get the sense that those fighters really became larger than life for him, almost like demigods, and there is a sense in which Tyson never really grew up.

I don't even think it was so much a rational assessment of his prospects against old Foreman that was the issue, I think it was Foreman the fearful historical titan, the unbeatable monster that could only be tamed by "the great Muhammed Ali " that he was reacting to.
    true i think tyson did probably look at him in that way coz of cus but cus was right and tyson was right to look at him in that way, even at his age he would have been a massive challenge for tyson. Foreman was really motivated for this fight and would of been very confident knowing that tysons style is made for him. Tyson won alot of his fights by intimidation and i can see a big reversal in this fight. If it happened i could see a massive upset and either way not a long fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
      Fighters are not afraid of other fighters. The people who handle them? Different story.
      Very true. Most fighters actually care more about how much they're getting paid rather than who they are fighting.

Comment

Was Tyson scared of Bowe and Foreman?

Based solely on the title (above) of this thread, I'd say that as a shrink, I never had Tyson on my couch to get inside his head. On the other hand, I can see him being scared of the two in combination...

Comment

Here is Bowe's reason why the fight with Tyson never happened (at 10.11):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4I3VBUSgfc

I'm not sure about the Foreman fight but I'm not sure its as black and white as him being scared because of what Cus had said.

Comment

Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
            Here is Bowe's reason why the fight with Tyson never happened (at 10.11):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4I3VBUSgfc

I'm not sure about the Foreman fight but I'm not sure its as black and white as him being scared because of what Cus had said.
            lol couldnt hear what he said

Comment

I still haven't even seen one person ask about Foreman to Tyson in an interview. Somebody really should ask him one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                Very true. Most fighters actually care more about how much they're getting paid rather than who they are fighting.
                then tyson would be asking for alot of money to fight foreman

Comment

**** himself? seriously? if he could be that intmidated by a man, any man. he would never have been world champion to begin with. to get to that point you have to fight countless "scary" guys, the idea that someone would box for years and reach the pinnacle of the sport only to start getting scared of fighting all of a sudden is absurd.

promoters and managers avoid certain fights, not the fighters themselves. tyson could draw massive crowds and make ridiculous ppv sales against tomato cans, why would his ppl risk all that future income by putting him in against guys like bowe or foreman? boxing politics 101.

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
                    then tyson would be asking for alot of money to fight foreman
                    He wouldn't have had to ask. The money for a Foreman fight would have been huge.

The real problem with making Tyson-Foreman was that George didn't want to do any business with Don King. I'm not saying he didn't have good reasons for that, but that issue was a non starter.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      He wouldn't have had to ask. The money for a Foreman fight would have been huge.

The real problem with making Tyson-Foreman was that George didn't want to do any business with Don King. I'm not saying he didn't have good reasons for that, but that issue was a non starter.
                      i dont believe that, foreman was always pushing for this fight and spoke of making a deal with king.

Comment

Working...
                      X