No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Eyes Erik Morales, Gesta For 7/14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Eyes Erik Morales, Gesta For 7/14

According to a source with knowledge of the ongoing discussions, Marquez is mentioning two possibilities - former four division champion Erik Morales (52-8, 36KOs) and unbeaten Filipino lightweight Mercito Gesta (25-0-1, 13KOs). Marquez had a list of four names, with Brandon Rios and Zab Judah being the other two candidates, but he appears to be more interested in Morales and Gesta.

[Click Here To Read More]

F **k you Marquez. Why??? This is beyond terrible.

Why not even Rios or Judah??? Those 2 by far would have been better then these two.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

Why not even Rios or Judah??? Those 2 by far would have been better then these two.
      He just wants tune-ups until Pac gives him another fight.

I'm not paying for either of these two fights. I hop Khan- Garcia fight on the same night on HBO.

Comment

Morales is way past it. This fight would have been great a couple of years ago, but right now its pointless.

I was hoping he'd fight Rios.

Oh well...

Comment

i'll watch morales vs marquez but not gesta that dude is a bum

Comment

Hope he picks Gesta.

Comment

Hope he picks Gesta. Morales is 1980 Muhammad Ali past it.

Comment

Calm down killer! What is so wrong with this fight? Yes, it would have been more epic years ago but Marquez was relatively unknown back then. People act as if Morales is a shot fighter. He took it to Maidana w/ one eye mind you. Beat up a young 21 yr old in Cano. Almost won the Garcia fight until he was knocked down in the 10th. Morales is still a solid fighter. Plus these two would make a entertaining fight stylistically. It will add to the whole Barrera/Pacquiao/Marquez history and it will do huge numbers in Texas.

Rios just got schooled in his last fight and didn't make weight for the second straight time. He doesn't deserve the fight. Judah wants too much money. Morales/Marquez is the fight to make right now.
                Last edited by GodInFleshSuit; 05-12-2012, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Judah? Hell, why not? Rios? No no no. Rios lost his last fight by UD and it was by a wide margin, therefore, no need to fight him. As for Morales, even though he lost his last fight, it was pretty competitive, so i wouldn't mind that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    He just wants tune-ups until Pac gives him another fight.

I'm not paying for either of these two fights. I hop Khan- Garcia fight on the same night on HBO.
                    Schaefer said more than likely Khan will fight July 7th on HBO.

The only way I'll buy Marquez-Gesta/Morales is if I have some extra cash left over and if Mike Alvarado fights Brandon Rios. Got to support my Colorado fighter, and Rios-Alvarado has FOTY written all over it.

Comment

Working...
                    X