No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye vs. Fury Pushed Back To New Date of February 8

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Haye vs. Fury Pushed Back To New Date of February 8

David Haye has revealed that his heavyweight showdown with Manchester's Tyson Fury will now take place on February 8 at Manchester Phones 4U Arena. Haye was forced to withdraw from the original date due to a cut, but the former WBA heavyweight champion announced the new date on his website earlier today.

"News of the date in February is music to my ears," said Hayein his official announcement. "I was absolutely devastated this weekend, and felt as though I'd let a lot of people down. But now, with this new date, I couldn't be happier. My fans will still get the chance to see what they all wanted to see this weekend - they'll get to see Tyson Fury sparked out in a spectacular fashion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

At least it will still happen, but ****. I was ready for this.

Comment

Better late than never.

Comment

what kind of cut takes this long to heal? surely there were still dates available for this year

Comment

Hella lot of inactivity, even for Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
            what kind of cut takes this long to heal? surely there were still dates available for this year
            They can't really re-schedule it for this year with Froch v Groves being on Sky Box Office PPV at the end of November, then the Christmas period.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
              I don't think it was because of the cut, but down to available dates. Sky usually do not want to do many PPV shows a year, and they have already scheduled another for the end of November. Doing another one two or three weeks later, just wasn't an option.

Comment

You can`t trust Haye and Booth wouldn`t be surprised if they cancel again, they did it with both Klitschkos, Charr, Fury.....they always have their own agenda. Better wait to buy a ticket......

Comment

Originally posted by johnnycontrolet View Post
                  You can`t trust Haye and Booth wouldn`t be surprised if they cancel again, they did it with both Klitschkos, Charr, Fury.....they always have their own agenda. Better wait to buy a ticket......
                  They never cancelled on Fury, and Haye asked Wlad to postpone, but Wlad didn't trust him enough to do it.

Comment

Over 4 months away? That's a long time to wait for another fight especially after going through a grueling training camp. I'd lol if the fight got cancelled again...

Comment

Working...
                    X