No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Glen Johnson on Mayweather-Ortiz, Bute, BHop, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Glen Johnson on Mayweather-Ortiz, Bute, BHop, More

At 42-years-young, "The Road Warrior" Glen Johnson is still hitting the concrete, punching-in the time clock fight in, and fight out, providing aspiring boxing stars a litmus test and serving as his division's proverbial gatekeeper.

[Click Here To Read More]

I'm a Johnson fan but to say Mayweather didnt look good in his last fight is laughable

Comment

Mayweather Jr. dominated Mosley after he was hit with a hard-shot from Mosley. The only moment Mosley had in that fight was when he landed a hard-shot but he didn't do anything to Floyd after that.

Comment

Inactivity is Mayweather's biggest problem at this stage of his career and going into this fight.

Comment

Glen Johnson has a more contrasting opinion than most, interesting and he did make some sense. Floyd did look impressive against Mosley, but Mosley didn't look good at all and I doubt it was all Mayweather. I still see Mayweather stopping Ortiz though, but we'll see.

Comment

Yeah, Mayweather will stop Ortiz, after all "He's young and shouldn't have to be beat up like that".....

Comment

My boy Glen whatever happens ill be your fan,your why i love boxing a true man and warrior in the ring.

As for his comments on Floyd they are accurate,he has lost a step Mosley when he fought him was far past prime,look at his fight with mora even a past prime mosley would have koed him,but then again mosley is an up and down type of dude.

Comment

This tread absolutely needs more replies. 1st things 1st, Johnson-Bute is an absolutely important fight. This fight will show us what Bute is made of. Honestly I couldn't get on the bandwagon after the 1st Andrade fight. I simply can't do it. Glen had to take less money to get the fight, which tells me that Bute may not have wanted it. I believe Bute was even training with Glen, you should hook the man that helped you with your horrible stamina up, IMO.

Then I think the Pacman-Marquez matchup is ****ing garbage at welterweight period.

I agree with him on Floyd. He did dominate Mosley, but that wasn't sugar Shane that was an old man in a costume of the great Shane Mosley. He had another long layoff & Ortiz does present intangibles that Floyd had not seen in years. Right now IMO Ortiz is farrrr more dangerous that the Mosley & Marquez that Floyd dissmantled, I think people are forgetting that those to opponents & many layoff's cannot be good for a fighter on the elite level.

Comment

Glen Johnson said in a French interview ( maybe you haven't seen it ) that he is the best of SMW ! He's not... and Bute will beat him.

I still respect him though, cause he's fighting the best without asking questions, i just don't like seeing a boxer avoiding another boxer, as far as i know, everybody has 2 arms, 2 legs and one head, nothing to be scared of, the problem might be that some boxers have no balls !!

Comment

Wonderful interview and a wonderful fighter.

Everything is just wonderful. Yes.

Comment

Working...
                    X