Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thomas Hearns vs Paul Williams at 147lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tommy destroys williams

Comment

Mismatch... Hearns dominates Williams.

Comment

I feel like a lot of people on here have never watched either fight. Hearns wilts from pressure, big time. He couldn't fight on the inside, he hated being pressured, he had a weak chin, terrible cardio and a mediocre heart. Williams would be his kryptonite. Williams by stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          Tommy because of his build and punching power gets brought up a ton for fantasy fights. In most cases Tommy gets the edge over most of the new crop but this is actually one that is a tough call. Paul Williams is the modern day Tommy Hearns.
          wtf? no hes not.

The only thing they have in common is height and huge reach.

Hearns was actually a skilled boxer with monster punch. williams is a workrate fighter who barely can make his jab the key to a fight. no doubt in my mind Hearns beats Williams easily 10/10

Comment

Originally posted by FootWork777 View Post
            Man this would've been one explosive fight! Personally, I see the "Hitman" KO "The Punisher" within 7 rounds. What say you?
            Word. Hearns KO's PWill. I don't think Pwill could hurt Hearns

Comment

Originally posted by FaustoGeraci View Post
              I feel like a lot of people on here have never watched either fight. Hearns wilts from pressure, big time. He couldn't fight on the inside, he hated being pressured, he had a weak chin, terrible cardio and a mediocre heart. Williams would be his kryptonite. Williams by stoppage.
              not even.
              Just dont see that happening.
              Williams isnt a heavy hitter, and isnt skilled enough to land more punches than leanard did.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                Tommy because of his build and punching power gets brought up a ton for fantasy fights. In most cases Tommy gets the edge over most of the new crop but this is actually one that is a tough call. Paul Williams is the modern day Tommy Hearns.
                Yout got to be kidding me

Comment

Tommy Hearns KHTFO in 4 rounds or less.

Comment

Originally posted by FaustoGeraci View Post
                    He wilts from pressure and can't fight inside yet he took apart and brutally ko'd the best inside boxer ever in Roberto Duran. I'm not buying it.

Mediocre heart ?, how did you come up with this ?, he fought Marvin Hagler in one of if not the most intense fights ever after breaking his hand in the first round. Also if this is the fight where you got the idea that Hearns "Wilts from pressure", Williams is no Hagler.

Hearns has his way with Williams in what ever way he wants, he outboxes him or KO's him.

Comment

Originally posted by FootWork777 View Post
                      Man this would've been one explosive fight! Personally, I see the "Hitman" KO "The Punisher" within 7 rounds. What say you?
                      Hitman win via KO very very early possibly rd 1.

Comment

Working...
                      X