Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do people make such a big deal of hopkin's age?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Libido Sanchez View Post
    You're only 24. Wait 20 years and you'll see for yourself that the body goes through changes.
    Yea no ****. I'm in very good shape, I'm 35 and the one thing I notice more than anything else is how I can't recover from things like I used to.

When I was in my early 20's, I was a beast, I was made of iron. Now, I wake up the next day and something hurts, **** sux.

Comment

Originally posted by Libido Sanchez View Post
      You're only 24. Wait 20 years and you'll see for yourself that the body goes through changes.
      Exactly. Hopkins is an amazing physical speciman.

Comment

because their losers and can't accept that calzaghe was always a better fighter than hopkins, calzaghe actually looks more out of his prime than hopkins does.

Comment

Because it is a big deal. He is 44 years old and has fought as a professional for two decades.

Such longevity hasn't been seen since the days of Archie Moore. Foreman came back and won back the title but he had been off for 10 years before making a comeback.
          Last edited by TheGreatA; 03-12-2009, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zojo View Post
            because their losers and can't accept that calzaghe was always a better fighter than hopkins, calzaghe actually looks more out of his prime than hopkins does.
            id say they are evenly out of their prime.

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
              he started very late so was still fresh when he was in his mid thirtees, he had hardly any amateur fights.
              I think you seriously underestimate the amazing abilities and smarts etc it takes for a man to compete at that level at age 44,. SERIOUSLY. He has had a lot of pro fights by todays standards...his condition, his ability to let his hands go etc at that age...thats amazing

Comment

well calzaghe retired at 37...why didnt he fight till he was 44??

Comment

Originally posted by zojo View Post
                  lol...............this guy^^^

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
                    id say they are evenly out of their prime.
                    evenly????hopkins is 44 man

Comment

******ed Calzaghe fans at it again.

Comment

Working...
                      X