No announcement yet.

Art Hovhannisyan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art Hovhannisyan

I was there the night he stopped the undefeated Archie Ray Marquez. I used to work at Chumash. I was on roulette that night & the Armenians LOVE roulette. They're not so much in love with tipping though.

Still it was a fun crowd & the mans toughness impressed me.

Since then he's fought twice more (both at Chumash) & last time out beat Miguel Acosta - who I think was a very good fighter - well until he ran into Brandon Rios.

But he's 31 now. He needs to crack on. Anyone have any inside information on him?

I've been wondering about him as well. I watched his last fight versus Acosta but I haven't heard from him since... Surely we will see him soon

Comment

Just checked BoxRec..... Something listed for Feb 22 but no opponent

Searched Google..... Nothing of significance came up

Comment

http://www.glendalenewspress.com/spo...,6236862.story

From two days ago: supposed to fight on "shobox" on February 22 against Logan mcguinnes. According to Arts manager, by next week the WBA will determine whether this fight is a title eliminator for the right to fight Uchiyama

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
          http://www.glendalenewspress.com/spo...,6236862.story

From two days ago: supposed to fight on "shobox" on February 22 against Logan mcguinnes. According to Arts manager, by next week the WBA will determine whether this fight is a title eliminator for the right to fight Uchiyama
          Uchiyama cracks him if that happens.
          I thought Art started strong, but Acosta worked back into it... which is like the reverse of what he normally does

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            Uchiyama cracks him if that happens.
            I thought Art started strong, but Acosta worked back into it... which is like the reverse of what he normally does
            Don't know much about Uchiyama, so I cannot speak on him. But Art did start the Acosta fight strong, and you're right.... Acosta definitely worked his way back into the fight towards the later rounds. Personally I still thought Hovhannisyan won, but it was very close and could have gone either way (evident by two spectacular knockdowns going both ways)

Comment

Working...
            X