No announcement yet.

Frazier, Tyson, Qawi: Rate these guys in terms of defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frazier, Tyson, Qawi: Rate these guys in terms of defense

In what order would you place these guys, in terms of their defensive capabilities?

Originally posted by -IronMike- View Post
    In what order would you place these guys, in terms of their defensive capabilities?
    1. Qawi
    2. Tyson
    3. Frazier

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
      1. Qawi
      2. Tyson
      3. Frazier
      Qawi slipped a lot of punches, I watched his fight with Holyfield the other day. Tyson in his prime was also very adept, round 8 of the Green fight comes to mind. Frazier form of the bob and weave was more unpredictable than Tyson's though.
      Did Qawi ever fight a tall fighter with a good jab?
      moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by -IronMike- View Post
        Qawi slipped a lot of punches, I watched his fight with Holyfield the other day. Tyson in his prime was also very adept, round 8 of the Green fight comes to mind. Frazier form of the bob and weave was more unpredictable than Tyson's though.
        Did Qawi ever fight a tall fighter with a good jab?
        micheal spinks

qawi
        tyson
        frazier

Comment

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
          micheal spinks

qawi
          tyson
          frazier
          Thanks I havent watched that fight yet. Was he able to slip the jab and close the distance effectively in that fight?

Comment

i hope no one says frazier...tyson was much better than frazier at slippping, frazier got hit alot when he moved in....

Comment

I can't speak on Qawi, but I will put Tyson at number one and ahead of Frazier. Tyson in his prime was the best example of punch evasion right next to Pernell Whitaker, and not only that but he would counter punch with insane combinations right after it. Frazier's was good, but predictable. I think anyone who says Frazier's defense was better than Tyson's is wrong. 95% of Frazier's defense was moving his head up and down repeatedly. Highly predictable, yet hard to hit. Tyson's was slipping left and right, weaving left and right, and rolling to perfection.

Comment

Muhammad Ali said that Frazier was the hardest fighter to hit of everyone he ever fought.

Smokin' Joe Frazier's bobing and weaving made him a hard target to hit consistantly.

Comment

1. Qawi
                  2. Tyson
                  3. Frazier

I think this is the general consensus of the boards and I wholeheartedly agree. Qawi had absurdly good defense, watch him slip and slide under punches like a mother****er in the Holyfield fight. Tyson and Frazier were similar, but Tyson had more dimensions to his defense, left and right as well as up and down.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                    1. Qawi
                    2. Tyson
                    3. Frazier

I think this is the general consensus of the boards and I wholeheartedly agree. Qawi had absurdly good defense, watch him slip and slide under punches like a mother****er in the Holyfield fight. Tyson and Frazier were similar, but Tyson had more dimensions to his defense, left and right as well as up and down.
                    Very good post, Big.

Comment

Working...
                    X