Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch Focused on KO: I'll Be Hitting Mack With My Best!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch Focused on KO: I'll Be Hitting Mack With My Best!

As previously reported, Carl Froch will make the first defence of his IBF super-middleweight title against American Yusaf Mack on November 17.

The Nottingham veteran should enjoy a relatively straightforward task on home turf at the Capital FM Arena after winning the belt in May.

Froch, 35, destroyed unbeaten champion Lucian Bute in five rounds to snatch the title and continue a remarkable run of fights against elite opposition. Now he has been rewarded with a slightly less daunting night's work against Mack, who is ranked at number six by the IBF at light-heavyweight. [Click Here To Read More]

When 1 thread isnt enough! now there's at least 3.

Comment

Froch giving a little credit to the Road Warrior for his grit. I like it.

Comment

a relatively easy fight will be great for the lengthening of froch's career, but this does bring an end to his monster run. mack is a soft touch. froch has not taken one of those since his fight with pascal.

to be fair, though, froch's team didn't seek mack out before checking out tougher options first. i'm sure they would have been fine with a bute rematch. it was in the damn contract (don't think it was immediate, though.)

Comment

Easy fight for Froch....WAR Froch!!!!

Comment

I'll pass and wait on the Bute rematch or a legit opponent

Comment

Mack put on his best performance probably against Cloud, despite still getting stopped inside 8. Here's the issue, Mack moved up to 175 because he was badly struggling to make 168. Unless somehow he changes some things, not only are his stamina issues going to still be there, but they're likely going to be more pronounced given the fact he has to make 168. Actually, I won't be surprised if Mack comes in overweight.

I expect Mack to make the fight interesting in the first 4 or 5 rounds, he might even land some big shots, but by the 6th and 7th rounds, he'll be gassed and will likely be taken out soon after. But, nonetheless, Mack still has an awkward style that could frustrate the cobra early on. It will be a fun fight to watch while it lasts.

Comment

I wonder who Bute is gonna fight for his tune-up towards the Froch rematch.

Comment

Mack is a very good boxer but he has no toughness at all, so fragile

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                    I wonder who Bute is gonna fight for his tune-up towards the Froch rematch.
                    Denis Grachev.

November 3rd.

Comment

Working...
                    X