Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

manny pacquiao is better than mike tyson in history...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manny pacquiao is better than mike tyson in history...

i had an argument today over this, i believe manpac is better and ill tell you why

no one took the boxing world by storm like tyson, but thats all out of the ring.....tyson beat mediocre opposition and past prime fighters....tell me how koing a scared michael spinks is any better than manpac koing a shot hatton....ive got more confidence that manpac dominating hatton on his best day than tyson of spinks.....

tyson did unify the hw titles by himself tho which is something i believe manpac never did, at least when moving up in weight the past few years...manpac has at least been highly competitive in his losses to superior boxers unlike tyson....

manpac is also better mentally he hasnt let the glory get to him like tyson, whos fans make excuses for him being outta his prime when he lost at 25....

mike tyson is one of the hardest punchers in boxing history, he became a heavywieght champ at 20, when its all said and done, 80 years from now people will still hear the name mike tyson. i cant say the same for pacquio, its not his fault, but boxing is not as popular now as it used to be in the 80's.

Comment

of course manny is a better fighter than tyson- in every way shape and form

Comment

If we`re talking about achievements - Manny Pacquaio is better.

If we`re talking about their impact on boxing...
        Mike Tyson is, arguably, the most recognizable name and man on the planet!
        I think he had a much greater impact on the sport of boxing than Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Alar~ View Post
          If we`re talking about achievements - Manny Pacquaio is better.

If we`re talking about their impact on boxing...
          Mike Tyson is, arguably, the most recognizable name and man on the planet!
          I think he had a much greater impact on the sport of boxing than Manny.

Co-sign homey.

Comment

Pacquiao has made the most of what he has, Tyson did not. Manny won his first world title when he was just 19-20 years old, even younger than Tyson, and he is still at the top 11 years and 30 lbs later. The same cannot be said for Tyson who only reigned for 4 years and never regained that form afterwards.

Comment

i wonder if we would be having this discussion had tyson been boxing those 5 years instead of being in prison. theres no question in my mind, during that time frame, tyson would of beat LL, holyfield, bowe, and all the top heavyweights of that time. simply my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. V View Post
                i wonder if we would be having this discussion had tyson been boxing those 5 years instead of being in prison. theres no question in my mind, during that time frame, tyson would of beat LL, holyfield, bowe, and all the top heavyweights of that time. simply my 2 cents.
                He struggled with Ruddock twice. In Tyson's own words his career ended in 1990 when he lost to Buster Douglas. Prison or not, he probably would not have had a greater career than he did because he simply did not care about boxing anymore.

Tyson lost interest after beating Spinks because he had achieved all that he ever wanted to achieve at that point. His life outside of the ring had also become chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
                  Pacquiao has made the most of what he has, Tyson did not. Manny won his first world title when he was just 19-20 years old, even younger than Tyson, and he is still at the top 11 years and 30 lbs later. The same cannot be said for Tyson who only reigned for 4 years and never regained that form afterwards.
                  it still does not change the fact that mike tyson will be remmemberd far more then pacquio. pacs the better fighter, and has the better resume, but mike was 19 knocking people da **** out in an era where boxing was famous. wheather mike is an ATG or not, he had a huge impact on boxing, and pop culture.

Comment

When we come back to reality, at the end of the day, MIKE TYSON IS BETTER; and here is why: HE WAS HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD and manny pacquiao was a tiny lad in handicap divisions.

Tyson vs. Pac, who wins in a boxing match?

I say Tyson = Better than Pacquiao.

That is, if you really want to get down to it.

Bring Back the One division like the Ancient Greeks and we never hear of Manny Pacquiao at this stage of talk.

Comment

Working...
                    X