Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"It was a robbery because Holyfield was going to be the oldest hw champ in history"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

valuev was robbed of a UD

Comment

Originally posted by spidersilva View Post
      most people on this site are ****ing idiots who know nothing about boxing

so i woudlnt go on what they think
      so...
      everyone on this site
      the fans in Switzerland
      Valuevs trainer...

every one of them is an idiot?
      tsk tsk.

this isnt the worst robbery Ive ever seen...but it was clearly a robbery, and a cold hearted one at that. some fighters can move on after a robbery, but Evander is 47 years old and has taken a ton of punishment in his career. this is never going to happen again.

thats just sad.

Comment

''In an internationally televised bout on pay-per-view and the internet, in what appeared to be one of the worst decisions in the modern era of heavyweights, Nicolay Valuev retained the WBA Heavyweight title with a 12 round majority decision over former World Champion Evander Holyfield. Despite his age, Holyfield, 46, appeared in the best condition of his career and appeared to win every round behind a consistent jab and a 'stick and move' approach, as Valuev had no target to hit. The punch count was negligible, as Valuev landed almost nothing the entire fight. On a few rare occasions when Valuev threw a jab, it either missed out of range or Valuev got tagged by Holyfield and then got held. Pay-per-view commentators gave Holyfield almost every round, and Valuev's corner told him he needed a knockout in the 12th to win. Valuev, 36, despite height, weight, reach, and age advantages, had flab around his middle, was flat-footed the entire bout, had no offense, and was booed out of the ring arena by the Swiss spectators. It appeared a mystery how Valuev could have won with Holyfield the only one punching all night! Holyfield was warned by the referee for low blows midway through the 12th, while the 'desperate' Valuev was lunging at him but unable to land. Valuev's record rose to 50-1 with 34 kayos, while Holyfield's fell to 42-10 with 27 kayos. Neither fighter was hurt or in trouble during the bout.''

http://www.boxrec.com/media/index.ph...=Fight:1361435
        Last edited by paul750; 12-20-2008, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Quote your source, Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
            it was a robbery because 95%+ percent of everyone thought Holyfield won, not anything else.

its just sad that they would do this to an old man like this.
            holyfield has gotten better with age so don't bring that biased ****

Comment

I agree, neither of the fighters were dominating, neither were pressing the fight, neither were throwing lots of punches. It wasn't a shutout as many have said.
              I didn't see all the rounds so I can't really give a score but I would have given at least two to Valuev from what I did see.
              Everyone in NSB are drama queens, if it's a close decision;

OMFG it's a robereeeee

A young fighter beats an older fighter;

OMFG hes a bum, shot to bits.

Does every fight have to have either a bum, robbery or someone getting schooled or exposed in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Trim0 View Post
                holyfield has gotten better with age so don't bring that biased ****

I dont know what to say...
                I know what youre up to but its still pretty crazy to hear at this point and time.

Comment

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
                  ''In an internationally televised bout on pay-per-view and the internet, in what appeared to be one of the worst decisions in the modern era of heavyweights, Nicolay Valuev retained the WBA Heavyweight title with a 12 round majority decision over former World Champion Evander Holyfield. Despite his age, Holyfield, 46, appeared in the best condition of his career and appeared to win every round behind a consistent jab and a 'stick and move' approach, as Valuev had no target to hit. The punch count was negligible, as Valuev landed almost nothing the entire fight. On a few rare occasions when Valuev threw a jab, it either missed out of range or Valuev got tagged by Holyfield and then got held. Pay-per-view commentators gave Holyfield almost every round, and Valuev's corner told him he needed a knockout in the 12th to win. Valuev, 36, despite height, weight, reach, and age advantages, had flab around his middle, was flat-footed the entire bout, had no offense, and was booed out of the ring arena by the Swiss spectators. It appeared a mystery how Valuev could have won with Holyfield the only one punching all night! Holyfield was warned by the referee for low blows midway through the 12th, while the 'desperate' Valuev was lunging at him but unable to land. Valuev's record rose to 50-1 with 34 kayos, while Holyfield's fell to 42-10 with 27 kayos. Neither fighter was hurt or in trouble during the bout.''

http://www.boxrec.com/media/index.ph...=Fight:1361435
                  I don't think I saw Holy throw hardly any jabs all night.

Also don't most cornermen tell their fighters that they need a knockout in close fights. I wouldn't say that means that it was a robbery.

Comment

I really would like Britney Spears to suck my dick though.

Comment

I don't think what you're reading is EXACTLY that. It's more like...... 'He was robbed OF being the oldest champion in Heavyweight history.' Not 'BECAUSE'.

But, I haven't read all posts.

Comment

Working...
                      X