No announcement yet.

Gary Russell Jr. not impressed by Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    With that Hand Speed, he is going to have serious problems finding top guys to fight him...I thought that one day Russell Jr and Broner could have fought but Broner has gotten Too Big Physically and Russell is a smaller guy so I don't see him move up all that much

people talking about Broner vs Gamboa...I would much father see Russell Jr vs Gamboa

And by the way Russell Jr shouldn't be in AWE with Broner, he is a up and coming fighter himself and Russell Jr has very high expectations of himself
    No, No he's not. Linares is faster and had a resume to boot. No one ducked him. Russel is hit or miss, right now he's hit because he's fighting nobody. No one is ducking him, he's just being mismanaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
      He's right. I've seen better performances by Broner.
      I'll agree that Broner didn't exactly show us anything we hadn't already seen from him. Not sure why this fight has people going crazy. The only thing he proved was how good his power is.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        I'm not impressed with Russell and the slew of bums he has fought, how can he even be mentioned with world class comp at this point?
        How can you not be impressed with russel? He does everything right and rarely do you see him get hit. I have yet to see an eye catching shot landed on him

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
          How can you not be impressed with russel? He does everything right and rarely do you see him get hit. I have yet to see an eye catching shot landed on him
          It's easy not to be impressed with him. Look who he's fighting, for starters. Judah looked much better than Russel at this stage of his career and against some stiff competition too. Look how that ended up.

It just so happens, we realize how much of a difference it makes when you fight someone with a pulse. Granted Broner has improved greatly since then, but he struggled and arguably lost 2 fights against men with not necessarily great posts, but consistent ones. It all makes the difference. Until Russel does that, it's hard to be impressed. You can see the potential, but it's not being used against anyone worth bragging about.

Comment

de leon turned him down?

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
              He's right. I've seen better performances by Broner.
              against who?

Comment

It's time for Gary Russell Jr to show what he's made of now. Broner is a year younger than him and has already won world titles in two different weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                  No, No he's not. Linares is faster and had a resume to boot. No one ducked him. Russel is hit or miss, right now he's hit because he's fighting nobody. No one is ducking him, he's just being mismanaged.
                  But Linares had limited power and Cut Easily...so yeah fighters was more then willing to take a chance against him

Russell Jr. on the other hand is much more of a well rounded fighter then Linares, better Defensively, Slicker and brings MORE POWER then Linares

So yes...it will be difficult for Russell Jr to find Top opponents who are willing to take the chance to fight him, right now it is a high risk Low Reward taking on Russell Jr.

Comment

PDL shouldn't fight Russell, it's a step backward.

Comment

He just beat the#1 lightweight in the world with ease and KOed him yet Russell is not impressed. Gary should fight the #1 guy in his weight class and see if it is all that easy. Russell is a very good fighter but he is not even in the top 10 in his own weight class and Broner is now a two weight class world champion. Gary has some catching up to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X