No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joan Guzman vs Victor Cayo Rumors Continue To Push

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joan Guzman vs Victor Cayo Rumors Continue To Push

Rumors continue to circulte in the Dominican Republic, that discussions are ongoing for a junior welterweight encounter between two of the more popular fighters in the country, Joan Guzman (31-0, 18KOs) and Victor Cayo (27-2, 19KOs). Local promoters are very interested in staging the fight in the first three months of 2012 in Santo Domingo.

[Click Here To Read More]

Cayo neds 2 do something to jump staart his career but not w/Guzman , who I belieeve is 2 strong 4 him & Cayo doesn't have great power...

Comment

Love this fight!! Very interesting to see who has what left in em.

Comment

Guzman would beat him handily.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
          Cayo neds 2 do something to jump staart his career but not w/Guzman , who I belieeve is 2 strong 4 him & Cayo doesn't have great power...
          Before his KO in his last fight vs a bum Guzman had not KO'd someone since 2004.

Guzman has little power at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            Before his KO in his last fight vs a bum Guzman had not KO'd someone since 2004.

Guzman has little power at 140.
            They should name this fight: Who dares to care?

Like you said Guzman will have no power at this weight...he barely had it at 135.

His little Tyson nickname came from KOing a bunch of Dominicans(with losing records at 120-125lb) in his country. As soon as he left DR its been Close Decisions. Lets not forget Funeka. Come on STOP TRYING TO SELL KNOWLEDGEABLE FANS this guy!

Comment

This would be a good fight.

I have Guzman taking it.

Comment

Originally posted by Einstien View Post
                They should name this fight: Who dares to care?

Like you said Guzman will have no power at this weight...he barely had it at 135.

His little Tyson nickname came from KOing a bunch of Dominicans(with losing records at 120-125lb) in his country. As soon as he left DR its been Close Decisions. Lets not forget Funeka. Come on STOP TRYING TO SELL KNOWLEDGEABLE FANS this guy!
                So what? You act like Funeka is a bad fighter. Guzman's only problem is his discipline. If he actually commits himself, he's one of the best fighters to step in the ring.

Comment

guzman fought in the uk alot back in the early 00's on a couple of calzaghe bills i think , have followed him since . Talent wise i thought he was up there with floyd in the lower weights , but his discipline or lack of it , has gotten worse and worse as hes got older , heard a thyroid story , really ? lol - its shows the guys level of potential when as an undefeared multi weight world titlist hes regarded as an underachiever !

Comment

Originally posted by deansluk View Post
                    guzman fought in the uk alot back in the early 00's on a couple of calzaghe bills i think , have followed him since . Talent wise i thought he was up there with floyd in the lower weights , but his discipline or lack of it , has gotten worse and worse as hes got older , heard a thyroid story , really ? lol - its shows the guys level of potential when as an undefeared multi weight world titlist hes regarded as an underachiever !
                    Yes! No one can deny the guy's natural ability. He just didn't appreciate it enough to take full of advantage of it. He could have ruled the 130 and 135 division easily but again his lack of discipline got the best of him.
                    Anyhow, I don't see this being a good fight for Cayo...Guzman is all wrong for him. He leaves himself open and Guzman would tag him all night. I would stay away from this fight...seriously.

Comment

Working...
                    X