Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Salido Creates Shockwaves in The Featherweight Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Salido Creates Shockwaves in The Featherweight Division

By Cliff Rold - There will be those who criticize the stoppage of the fight but, considering the assault 30-year old Orlando Salido (35-11-2, 23 KO) was putting together, it merits little controversy. 27-year old Juan Manuel Lopez (30-1, 27 KO) has looked vulnerable before. In a sensational war fitting of the long Mexico-Puerto Rico rivalry, he went from vulnerable to defeated for the first time. Referee Roberto Ramirez Jr. saved him from more of what was an increasingly nasty beating in round eight, awarding Salido the biggest victory of his career and second major title at Featherweight on Saturday night at the Coliseo Ruben Rodriguez in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. [Click Here To Read More]

The fight was a blast, just finished watching it.

Juanma obviously wasn't himself. Props to Salido!

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
      The fight was a blast, just finished watching it.

Juanma obviously wasn't himself. Props to Salido!
      Thank you he looked tired before the fight son had bags under his eyes,people are saying the divorce had nothing to do with it,break up with someone you love and say the same he has 5 kids with her,i had none with my ex and i was in shambles for months until my love of my life showed up.

Comment

Good read.

Comment

Mexico started 2011 with a bang, props to Salido on the victory, and I think the ref made a good stoppage, Juanma wasnt hurting Salido, he was too determined. Tough loss. PR is down, but never out, we will bounce back.

Comment

the stoppage was early imho. juanma was still on his feet and punching. you always gotta give juanma a chance to recover

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
              the stoppage was early imho. juanma was still on his feet and punching. you always gotta give juanma a chance to recover
              Punching? I don't think stretching the arm can be called punching. he was out on his feet. No need to have him more hurt than he was.

There was no chance to recover with Salido all over him.

Comment

he wasn't out on his feet. castillo out on his feet against corrales.

juanma was still conscious and punching.

there's a chance salido would've punched himself out giving juanma a chance to recover.

that, or salido would've gotten a hight reel KTFO... either scenario would've been fine with me.

Comment

Something about Juanma's facial expression before the fight even started seemed weird, he looked pathetic honestly. At the very least he showed heart, that he has.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
                    Mexico started 2011 with a bang, props to Salido on the victory, and I think the ref made a good stoppage, Juanma wasnt hurting Salido, he was too determined. Tough loss. PR is down, but never out, we will bounce back.
                    good sportsmanship, respect!

let's pray prboxingcotto doesn't show up.

Comment

Working...
                    X