No announcement yet.

David haye cruiserweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David haye cruiserweight

What would you think of haye if he unified like he did had a couple of defenses the retired. No heavyweight run. Do you think people would treat him different. Thoughts please

The cruiser division was really lacking top talent. Mormeck was the man, after Haye took him out and grabbed Enzo's belt the only thing left would have been to go for the only belt left, which wouldn't have been too difficult as Cunningham isn't great.

There would have been nothing left after that. No need to hang around a poor division when there is another option.

Comment

Haye was finding it difficult to make the cruiserweight limit, he almost pulled out of the Enzo fight because of that.. Watch the Haye vs Enzo weigh-in, he looked real weak due to weight-draining.

Comment

I would have liked him to establish himself better as a heavy. He wants vitali or nothing but if he stayed active and grew into the weight he can be a long reigning champ. 32 /33 is young for a heavy these days. other than the k bros who do you think will beat him?

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          Haye was finding it difficult to make the cruiserweight limit, he almost pulled out of the Enzo fight because of that.. Watch the Haye vs Enzo weigh-in, he looked real weak due to weight-draining.
          I cant imagine thats the case. Booth has said that haye has to constantly eat to maintain the weight for the division, Haye himself has said numerous times that he's a natural Cruiserweight!

Comment

He actually made the limit for Enzo very easily. His post fight comments against Mormeck were to make Enzo think he was struggling with the weight, to make Enzo want the fight. He stayed just above the CW limit between the Mormeck and Enzo fights.

Originally posted by Knibbsy1 View Post
            I would have liked him to establish himself better as a heavy. He wants vitali or nothing but if he stayed active and grew into the weight he can be a long reigning champ. 32 /33 is young for a heavy these days. other than the k bros who do you think will beat him?
            No heavy not named Klitschko could beat him IMO. He still has his speed, explosiveness and power that no other heavy can match. Not to mention none of them have much skill either.

Comment

Yeah I think he's blagged about his weight a bit. He's both said natural CW, and natural HW to suite his motives at the time.

He made out he was walking around at 215+, one pic I'm sure he inferred he weighed nearly 230.

Then he comes into fights 215ish all the time.

Reminds me of how Byrd convinced people he was heavier then he was, then how he's a natural CW, LHW stint, then Enzo making out he's a natural LHW.

Only I think Haye blags a bit more intentionally if I'm honest.

Comment

Yep.

The real problem with Haye's career is that he was too big to be at his best at cruiserweight, but too small to compete with modern superheavyweights.

If there was a 220lb division, Haye would be dominant.

Comment

Working...
                X