Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revisiting Rios vs Abril

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thing to note is that Abril is not Broner, they do not fight like each other. Rios needs a guy to actually fight you back in order to look good. When you have one guy shoulder rolling but not throwing any punches, Rios looks dumb. But if Broner decides to exchange, I can definitely see Rios getting some of the better exchanges under certain circumstances. Rios would be the underdog but I can see him winning.

Comment

only reason Abril won cause Rios was weight drained to death. Abril would have gotten stop.

No one beats rios @ 140

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
        only reason Abril won cause Rios was weight drained to death. Abril would have gotten stop.

No one beats rios @ 140
        I think Mattysse would tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by YDKSAB View Post
          I think Mattysse would tbh.
          He be the toughest person at 140 for rios but I think rios gets to him

Comment

I watched the fist seven or eight rounds, excited to see Rios KO the guy. I scored every round for Abril and then turned the damn thing off. He was outboxed and had no answers for Abril's style. As I said, I didn't watch the last four rounds, but the ones I did see were all Abril.

Comment

rios has always had problems making weight......even at 140 he has to drain himself.

abril just wooped him. thats all to it..........even at 140 i would HEAVILY favor abril again.

Comment

If you call call clinching "schooling" .... pffffttt

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  Yea. Its almost as if people have completely disregarded Rios' weight situation. Granted, it serves him right for continuing to try and fight that weight in attempt to have a size advantage on fight night. But you can't say it had nothing to do with performance.

And another thing: I'm not saying that Rios is unbeatable. Far from it. My prediction is that he would get beat badly against a guy who is a really good boxer with power and can handle his aggression.
                  Do you meant Abril?

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
                    If you call call clinching "schooling" .... pffffttt
                    Making a fighter look like an amateur that has no way of dealing with you is schooling him. Don't get it twisted: Abril didn't even excessively hold. After a while he just started going into a shell rather than clinching, and Rios still couldn't figure out what to do whatsoever.

Abril outboxed him, took all of his tools away, and made him look bad. It was a thorough schooling. If you literally are dictating the way the entire fight is going, you're taking the opponent to school. I'd still heavily favor Abril in a rematch. Abril is easy to rob, but hard to beat.

Comment

But he schooled him right?

Comment

Working...
                      X