No announcement yet.

God does not exist: true or false?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
    There is an overwhelming of amount of evidence against God...but no scientific evidence in favor.

Ill take some proof...to no proof.

If fear of eternal hellfire is the only thing keeping people from raping and pillaging....what does that say about our world?
    What is this overwhelming amount of evidence against God that you speak of, im curious to know?

Comment

• Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
      There is an overwhelming of amount of evidence against God...but no scientific evidence in favor.

Ill take some proof...to no proof.

If fear of eternal hellfire is the only thing keeping people from raping and pillaging....what does that say about our world?
      Scientific or not, who knows what discoveries may come.

I don't think damnation (as the main reason) is the reason why people, who believe in God, do good. It is love.

Look at Tua. We don't know what he believes in but what pushes him to do right things is because of food.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enayze View Post
        Where is your proof that the people you listed were innocent? In whose eyes, and by what standard? By your standard, or by Gods? And if they were truly righteous and innocent, then they would end up in heaven now wouldn't they?

Again I am well aware of what you pointed out, but you seem to miss what I am telling you. The death toll and damage from natural disasters has been on an upward trend. Just what happened to Japan and Indonesia is arguably the biggest catastrophe in the past 100 years.

Secondly, yes I am suggesting that man has been sinning more and more. Based on what you ask? Based on the fact that in the 20th century more people were slaughtered then all the previous centuries combined, taking population into account. Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, and Mao's China are arguably the most diabolical authoritative regimes to ever rule nations.

You missed my point, and I do not think you will get it anytime soon. We will have to agree to disagree. In early 2000's the human genome was mapped by a Christian man named Francis Collins. The human genome was so extensive and complicated that to this day it still is not fully understood. To me that is clear evidence of design as it was clear evidence for Francis Collins. The universe is infinitely more complex. No man made creation is more intricate than the life around you. So don't sit here an say there is no evidence for God, it is all around you, you just choose to ignore it.

The methods by which God created the Universe is up to you and rest of the mankind to find out and learn for themselves. Original purpose for the creation of man was to share and explore the knowledge of God, to have fellowship with Him.

What you have to understand is the bible is not a single book, it is a compilation of some 40+ books and letters, of over thousands of years. There is no book in the world that can match the bible in terms of longevity, history, and distribution, so stop making lame comparisons.

This so-called evidence you speak of isn't really evidence at all. It's your limited perception of the natural world around you. You attribute that to a God, a default explanation if you will. In the end, it's all about perception and relativity, not some absolute truth. The reason why you believe and not know God exists is because it infers doubt.

Comment

• god does not exist it is as simple as that. heaven,eternal life, immortality are a joke and mockery to everything in this universe. everything dies and ceases to exists. if there is no after life for dead stars and planets then i'm really sure there is no afterlife for humans.

Comment

• A few years ago believers would outnumber non-believers in this poll by 10-1.

Comment

Where is your proof that the people you listed were innocent? In whose eyes, and by what standard? By your standard, or by Gods? And if they were truly righteous and innocent, then they would end up in heaven now wouldn't they?
              I assume you celebrate natural disasters because they are, in your eyes, Gods justice?

How exactly can children be guilty of crimes against God?
              And how is their suffering justified? A loving god who causes abject random cruelty is a complete contradiction.

Again I am well aware of what you pointed out, but you seem to miss what I am telling you. The death toll and damage from natural disasters has been on an upward trend. Just what happened to Japan and Indonesia is arguably the biggest catastrophe in the past 100 years.

Secondly, yes I am suggesting that man has been sinning more and more. Based on what you ask? Based on the fact that in the 20th century more people were slaughtered then all the previous centuries combined, taking population into account. Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, and Mao's China are arguably the most diabolical authoritative regimes to ever rule nations.
              Complete nonsense. You are suggesting Indonesia and Japan were being punished for the crimes of Hitler, Stalin and Mao from over half a century ago? What kind of logic is that?

You missed my point, and I do not think you will get it anytime soon. We will have to agree to disagree. In early 2000's the human genome was mapped by a Christian man named Francis Collins. The human genome was so extensive and complicated that to this day it still is not fully understood. To me that is clear evidence of design as it was clear evidence for Francis Collins. The universe is infinitely more complex. No man made creation is more intricate than the life around you. So don't sit here an say there is no evidence for God, it is all around you, you just choose to ignore it.
              God of the gaps. ....AGAIN!

Which is it... The evidence for God is so obvious, its all around us.
              Or...The evidence for God is in incredibly complex science that so far isnt fully understood.
              ??

The methods by which God created the Universe is up to you and rest of the mankind to find out and learn for themselves. Original purpose for the creation of man was to share and explore the knowledge of God, to have fellowship with Him.
              You said "the more people find out about gods methods..."
              Now you say we dont know his methods?

May i suggest one method of his....magic!

What you have to understand is the bible is not a single book, it is a compilation of some 40+ books and letters, of over thousands of years. There is no book in the world that can match the bible in terms of longevity, history, and distribution, so stop making lame comparisons.
              Right, lame comparisons. Like the universe and Microsoft? lol

The Bible...Gods way of communicating his most vital message to save mankind!....

...a book filled with unverifiable far fetched stories that has needed thousands of years to write and spread across most of the world, and not only still hasnt been translated to the majority of world languages, but hasnt even reached some regions and thats before taking into account the worlds illiteracy percentage, volumes of different versions and personal interpretations.

If only he could speak to the world as efficiently as he is able to kill thousands of children.

Comment

• Has it been a week already?

Comment

The bible........
                  You've got me.

I honestly didn't believe in Wind in the willows when I read the book but after seeing Ratty & Mole waltzing down my street, I must admit, I'm now a believer.

Comment

• Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
                    Ah a banker, well when you are a Scientist then come back to me on what is right or wrong.
                    Why do you keep capitalizing the word scientist and science?

Anyway...

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
                    I said I believe in God, a creator, don't bring up the Bible. I did not mention once, in any post here about a Biblical God. You replied to me, I did not reply to you.
                    Well you need to define this God/Creator in order to have any meaningful conversation. Does this God interact with reality? Do you have any relationship with this being? Does this God answer prayers of any type? Is this God a personal being? Otherwise you can concoct a never ending array of possible God-like en******, all of which I apparently have to disprove .

Once again, when you do your own scientific research, you're more than welcome to offer me to read it.
                    Because I'm not a cosmologist, astrophysicist, biologist, etc. I should refrain from agreeing with the scientific consensus? What an absurd argument.

Theory, tests, and facts. Is there a 100% Fact on how the Universe was created. Answer me that.
                    Your problem is, you don't understand the difference between facts and theories. It will never be fact on how our universe came into existence, only a theory (right now there's not even a theory). I have already explained this to you and I'm not going to do it again.
                    Last edited by deliveryman; 02-02-2013, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
                      Remember ladies and gentlemen, I said I/my many times in my first post for a reason.

Deliveryman replied to me suggesting MY beliefs may be wrong.
                      Of course your beliefs may be wrong (mine too), but that's not what I was suggesting.

To make myself clear:

The point I was trying to make is that feeling and intuition, which you have admitted is your method of discovering what is true, is actually an unreliable way of actually figuring stuff out. It was done this way for thousands of years and the result was this mass God graveyard we now call mythology.

There is a much better way...

Look at what has been achieved because of the scientific method in the last couple hundred years compared to the thousands of years of civilization prior.

I said I believe in a creator/God.

It's up to him, the gentlemen who replied to ME first to prove that MY belief is wrong.

So sir, what proof do you have that there is no Creator?
                      Sorry pal, it doesn't work that way. It is not up to ME to disprove YOUR assertion. Just how it's not up to the defendant to prove his innocence in a court of law. Rather it is up to you to provide reasons and/or evidence for your beliefs. The reason that you have already cited was that you feel that you were correct. Which I already explained is flawed and unjustified.

So other than a gut feeling, do you have any other reasons why you believe in a 'creator'?
                      Last edited by deliveryman; 02-02-2013, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X