No announcement yet.

What weight should my heavy bag be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What weight should my heavy bag be?

I am 6'1, 185 lbs. I have good power and sit down on my punches. I was wondering if I should get a 100 lb bag or heavier? And can anyone recommend a brand or paste some links of bags you would recommend? Thanks!

a 100lb heavybag is standard for dudes your size. You don't want anything bigger than that cuz you still want to be able to move with the bag, no matter how hard you hit.

I would suggest a water bag, since it's easier on the joints as it absorbs the force instead of "shocks" it, which is what a Human body does when u hit it. I been working with water bags for about 2-3 years now after experiencing a lot of problems with my joints.

I use the 100lb Everlast Hydrostrike bag....All the ones i seen online are sold out, if i find one, i'll post the link

Comment

Ive herd 60-70% your body weight so at 185 thats 110-120 ish.

a 100 lb bag should be fine, but you probly dont want to go much lower then 100 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
        a 100lb heavybag is standard for dudes your size. You don't want anything bigger than that cuz you still want to be able to move with the bag, no matter how hard you hit.

I would suggest a water bag, since it's easier on the joints as it absorbs the force instead of "shocks" it, which is what a Human body does when u hit it. I been working with water bags for about 2-3 years now after experiencing a lot of problems with my joints.

I use the 100lb Everlast Hydrostrike bag....All the ones i seen online are sold out, if i find one, i'll post the link
        I agree, water or gel. Sand just ruins my joints and isn't a fun workout . 100lbs tops. You may get sick of that too . I'm your size and I love an 80lber because I can go a long time on it and it moves more, offering more chance to work distance, footwork, etc.
        I've used both Ringside and Title gel and they're both cool.

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post

Thanks man. Is this the one http://finerfitness.ca/ffitness/prod...oducts_id=1219 ?

Comment

I'm 167lbs and enjoying 110lbs-ish classic heavy bag but I sometimes think of having a bigger one.

Comment

Working...
            X