Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not buying this excuse into Manny's recent issues?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
    Welcome to 2009. Enjoy the next 'vacation' after the Ortiz sparring match
    Mayweather changed his stance Saturday, moving off the hard line he had taken on using USADA as the testing agency.

"We are OK to move off USADA," Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, who is representing Mayweather, told ESPN.com. "What we're saying, and what is important to us, is four things -- that the tests be random, that they include blood and urine and the time frame, meaning when do you stop the tests before the fight but know they will still be effective. Three of them we have agreed on -- random, blood and urine. So now it is a matter of the two sides working out the specifics of the cutoff date to assure it will still be effective."

Schaefer said those talks are taking place between Bruce Binkow, a high-level Golden Boy executive, and Todd duBoef, the president of Top Rank, Pacquiao's promoter.

"Todd and Bruce are trying to work out the specifics of the cutoff to assure the tests are still effective because we know that 30 days before is not effective," Schaefer said. "At 30 days, we might as well not even do it. We want to figure it out [the cutoff window] and I will give my recommendation to Team Mayweather, and they will be on board. USADA is the most recognized one, but if it's another one, like the Nevada commission, we don't really care. I don't care who performs the tests as long as they are performed. That's our position. If this fight doesn't happen it's not because of Team Mayweather."

-December 27, 2009

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4772853

/Thread
    Arum should have asked you to send this to him before he opened his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
      I don't even know why people are into this Floyd-mania all of a sudden. Just because he's fighting an underdog Ortiz they're assuming Floyd would fight three times a year.

Mark my word. Floyd would go on another long vacation after the Ortiz fight.

:-|
      That can easily be avoided if team PAC would call his bluff, unfortunately they're not even on the same page. Manny says yes, koncz says 7 days, and Bob says not USADA. Goddddamn just pick one and run with it.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
        The only thing bothering me, is that team PAC is not on the same page. The fighter, the promoter and the manager have three different stories. They need to sit down and come up with one good lie instead of three different ****ty ones.
        yep. both camps are to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
          Arum should have asked you to send this to him before he opened his mouth.
          What part of /Thread do you not understand?

Best you go back into your hole and plot another thread to excuse the next 'vacation'.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
            Welcome to 2009. Enjoy the next 'vacation' after the Ortiz sparring match
            Mayweather changed his stance Saturday, moving off the hard line he had taken on using USADA as the testing agency.

"We are OK to move off USADA," Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, who is representing Mayweather, told ESPN.com. "What we're saying, and what is important to us, is four things -- that the tests be random, that they include blood and urine and the time frame, meaning when do you stop the tests before the fight but know they will still be effective. Three of them we have agreed on -- random, blood and urine. So now it is a matter of the two sides working out the specifics of the cutoff date to assure it will still be effective."

Schaefer said those talks are taking place between Bruce Binkow, a high-level Golden Boy executive, and Todd duBoef, the president of Top Rank, Pacquiao's promoter.

"Todd and Bruce are trying to work out the specifics of the cutoff to assure the tests are still effective because we know that 30 days before is not effective," Schaefer said. "At 30 days, we might as well not even do it. We want to figure it out [the cutoff window] and I will give my recommendation to Team Mayweather, and they will be on board. USADA is the most recognized one, but if it's another one, like the Nevada commission, we don't really care. I don't care who performs the tests as long as they are performed. That's our position. If this fight doesn't happen it's not because of Team Mayweather."

-December 27, 2009

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4772853

/Thread
            How does this close the thread?

Comment

pookiao is afrid of maywiter. hahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Well who gives a **** what U think. U just 1 person.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  How does this close the thread?
                  Floyd: We want testing

Manny: We don't trust USADA

Floyd: OK, Fine. Just pick another qualified agency

Manny: We want WADA

WADA: Hold on, Sparky. We are pencil pushers. We don't test. You must use USADA

Manny: *crickets*

It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.

Comment

Seems like this whole Pac crisis is getting to some *******s, that poster Top Rank just red k'd me. I don't see know shame in that. I understand the truth hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
                      Seems like this whole Pac crisis is getting to some *******s, that poster Top Rank just red k'd me. I don't see know shame in that. I understand the truth hurts.
                      Worry about your hero, fanboy. Floyd needs more than half of what the Pacman makes. He lives beyond his means. Living in Vegas is not cheap. You gotta be an idiot to compare Floyd's finances to a boxer who lives in a third-world country. Before long Floyd would end up still fighting in his 40s.

\

Comment

Working...
                      X