Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIDDICK BOWE - Your thoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He vacated the title to not fight Lewis but the fight was about to happen twice afterwards. The reason it didn't was because at first Lewis was upset by McCall and Bowe was later retired by Golota.

I think he was a very good fighter but not invincible by any means. Short heavyweights would always struggle with him because of his ability to fight on the inside and box from a distance but he was quite easy to hit for a fighter of his height and reach. He mostly relied on his chin which wasn't tested by big punchers, although he did show a remarkable ability to absorb punishment against the men that he did compete against.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      He had a pretty short run at the top.

He was easily the best Heavyweight inside fighter I've seen since Joe Frazier.

Just one of those dudes who blew up fast, gave us some memorable moments, and then faded into obscurity.

He doesn't have the record required to be an "All Time Great" in most observer's eyes

Co-sign homey.

Comment

He was very good, but i do not think he would have been able to beat a Vitali klitschko let alone a lennox lewis.

Comment

................................................... ..........

Comment

he was an extremely talented HW that had the tools...i was a fan even though i couldnt stand Rock Newman and it really bugged the **** outta me that he wanted NO part of Lennox

some of the weirdest **** happened during his bouts...brawls after the fight, fanman, golota's lowblow clinic...you never knew what was gonna happen when Bowe got in there

man, just posting that made me remember how fun watching HW boxing used to be.....

Comment

Was a great Marine.

Comment

Could have been great, a lot of potential that was wasted by his out of the ring habits and the punishment he took in the ring, he had his flaws but he definitely had ATG potential physically, mentally, not so much.

Comment

he's the only man to beat golota twice. amazing.

Comment

I think Bowe is a great fighter always have..
                    My only notch against him is that he never did fight Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X