• If Roy Jones Jr had the chin of Carl Froch

Where will he be?
    He will still be top 5 LHW or CW today
    23.53%
    He will still lose all those fights, except now by UD
    70.59%
    He will still be top 1-2 in his division
    5.88%

carl has a decent chin but its not as sturdy as he would have you believe.

Hes been wobbled by dirrell, hurt by kessler and dropped by jermain taylor. imo a bonafide power punching LHW knocks him out. i think cleverly could do a job on him.

Comment

He would still be waaay too shot to be competitive.

Comment

It would be worse for him if he had a chin as solid as Frochs imo he would be taking longer sustained beatings over 12 rounds instead of going to sleep as soon as someone taps the glass.

Him having a glass jaw may actually be what saves him from long term injury.
        Last edited by -Lowkey-; 08-12-2012, 05:00 AM.

Comment

When I fought average tarver and he absolutely cracked my fragile glass chin, y'all musta forgot

When journeyman plodder Johnson shattered some glass in the ring, y'all musta forgot

When shot, blown up Joe calzaghe smashed me with his glass hands, y'all musta forgot

When I couldn't even last a round with a bum called Danny the green machine green, y'all musta forgot

When euro level cruiser lebedev, put me on a stretcher in Russia, y'all musta forgot

Comment

Roy Jones Jr in prime had a good chin. He's slowed down, so now he gets hit way more unlike back in the days, his style of boxing is not made for that.

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post

Hes been wobbled by dirrell, hurt by kessler and dropped by jermain taylor. imo a bonafide power punching LHW knocks him out. i think cleverly could do a job on him.
              I was thinking the same thing. I don't think Jones has that terrible of chin either. I think the bomb that Tarver KOed Jones with would probably take Froch out also. Jones is just to old and many years past his best. Hopkins is a freak of nature and most fighters can't escape getting to old to perform like they did when they were young.

Comment

Roy's current physical ability is his problem, the chin is only one part of it.

He still has that mental side of the game down as far as thinking he can do all the things he used to do, unfortunetly that's not a good thing. His speed has slowed, his reflexes are gone, his power left him nearly 10 years ago when he jumped down from heavy...he's simply a slow, chinny, shell of a fighter at this stage.

Comment

Jones Jr had a fine chin in his prime. They all get old, it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post

You think Cleverly could knock out Carl Froch? Or just beat him? Because there is no chance in hell Cleverly could stop Froch. No chance.

Comment

Working...
                    X