Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler-Froch II Master Thread. Post here. DO NOT make new threads.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked Froch by decision. I like both fighters and think they're great for the sport. Kessler deserved his win the first time but I thought Froch looked a little jaded (maybe it was the opponent, I can't rule that out).

I don't see either guy getting stopped and it could descend into a war if skills isn't working for one guy or the other. Home advantage might work in Froch's favour, but he better be in good shape and have his head on straight if he wants to beat Kessler.

This should be a doozy.

Comment

Cool. This was a fun fight. I'll take Kessler to win again. He was hurting Froch with that str8 right to the body. Should be a toss up type fight again.

Comment

i thought the last fight was great but froch SLIGHTLY edged it. i think this time froch might get a stoppage. that bute win has to be a huge confidence builder along with green knocking kessler down. at the very least, a comfortable 117-111/116-112 decision for froch. looking forward to it as im a big fan of both guys.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
          i reckon this fight will look very different from the first (which i must watch again sometime).

I dont think Froch will go to war against Kessler this time. He'll be a bit more tactical, both because he knows being at home means he doesnt need a KO to win and he knows he cant dominate a war. If anything, Froch (from what i can remember) seemed to be the first one to take a step backwards anytime he went toe to toe; although it didnt take him long to go back at him again! Froch has a lot of respect for KEssler, he called him the toughest son of a ***** he'd ever met (or something like that) after the bell rang after the 12th. He knows he cant bully him.

If boxing Kessler doesnt work out after a few rounds, he can always go to war as a plan B!
          Froch hurt Kessler more than Kessler hurt him.

Comment

i picked froch by decision because it is in england.
            this will likely be another close fight.

Comment

Froch should have won the first fight on points. Kessler was not the ring general for the majority of rounds, he was often found frustrated and reaching. Froch's jab was constantly scoring and he shook Kessler more often. competitive and close fight, but Froch should have retained his title via a draw at the absolute worst.

no matter, Froch will end Kessler this time. if Kessler steps up.

Comment

Froch by T/KO.

night night, mr. Kassler, have a nice kip.

Comment

It will be WAR.

Cobra by decision.

Comment

Bump is deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                      I actually think Kessler has looked better since the Froch fight particularly the technique on his punches. Around the Ward/Froch fights he was slapping alot but he's turning those punches over now and has looked more sharp. I realize Green and Mcgee aren't elite but that doesn't negate the technical improvements he's shown. 50/50 i honestly don't know as alot will depend on both guys strategies and what type of fight unfolds. Really, really looking forward to it though.
                      ^^ I agree with this totally. his balance was also not the best in those fights.

He seemed much more measured, particularly against Magee. If he can take that into the Froch fight, he wins imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X